What's new

Movie Park Germany | Movie Park Studio Tour | Intamin Multi Dimension Coaster | 2021

Matt N

CF Legend
The manager of Movie Park Germany must have some serious dirt on the entire Parques Reunidos board of directors. This looks a lot better than what the rest of the chain has built in total over the past decade or so.
In fairness, the other parks have invested some money, have they not? I thought the likes of Slagharen and Bobbejaanland were both Parques Reunidos properties, and they had Gold Rush in 2017 and Fury/Land of Legends in 2019, respectively. I could probably think of others that have had major investments in recent years, but those are two of the main ones that come to mind.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
In fairness, the other parks have invested some money, have they not? I thought the likes of Slagharen and Bobbejaanland were both Parques Reunidos properties, and they had Gold Rush in 2017 and Fury/Land of Legends in 2019, respectively. I could probably think of others that have had major investments in recent years, but those are two of the main ones that come to mind.
Gold Rush happened because Thunder Loop was a ticking time bomb and becoming a problem for the park. Slagharen's director said that they couldn't operate without a major coaster and the moment that they made the formal decision to retire it, they immediately went to Gerstlauer as they could get something custom ready on shorter notice. That was not a leisure investment, that was something that was necessary for the park's sake. There are interviews about Thunder Loop's constant downtime and issues dating back to up to 3 years before its demise, and each time the director said that they needed to keep a major attraction going. The way that they talked, it was almost like replacement wasn't an option until it was physically unsafe to operate. Just goes to show that Parques Reunidos wasn't so willing to spend cash there.

Bobbejaanland was in a similar situation. Their attendance had been dropping like a rock for years, and it didn't help much that the other Belgish parks started getting competitive with investments mid-decade or so. The coaster that would become Fury wasn't at all a quick investment like Gold Rush, but it really was just as urgent an investment.

These investments were not made just to keep the park amenities fresh for guests; they were made because the parks were both in a situation and had good reason to install the coasters. Parques will not go throwing around investments like that for most parks.

Albo85

Roller Poster
Ducati World @ Mirabilandia

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Gold Rush happened because Thunder Loop was a ticking time bomb and becoming a problem for the park. Slagharen's director said that they couldn't operate without a major coaster and the moment that they made the formal decision to retire it, they immediately went to Gerstlauer as they could get something custom ready on shorter notice. That was not a leisure investment, that was something that was necessary for the park's sake. There are interviews about Thunder Loop's constant downtime and issues dating back to up to 3 years before its demise, and each time the director said that they needed to keep a major attraction going. The way that they talked, it was almost like replacement wasn't an option until it was physically unsafe to operate. Just goes to show that Parques Reunidos wasn't so willing to spend cash there.

Bobbejaanland was in a similar situation. Their attendance had been dropping like a rock for years, and it didn't help much that the other Belgish parks started getting competitive with investments mid-decade or so. The coaster that would become Fury wasn't at all a quick investment like Gold Rush, but it really was just as urgent an investment.

These investments were not made just to keep the park amenities fresh for guests; they were made because the parks were both in a situation and had good reason to install the coasters. Parques will not go throwing around investments like that for most parks.

That may be true, but I believe Parques went up for sale in 2015/16 and have since been purchased by new owners. I still reckon the majority of Parques's recent investments are the new owners making their mark and trying to rid themselves of the company's old reputation. Granted most of their parks are in dire need of investment so I feel both our theories work here.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
This has to be one of the blandest names in the history of ride naming, along with Flight Deck and other CF pearls of wisdom.

It could even mislead potential riders into thinking that they are about to board an actual tram tour. This would be fun to watch.

Matt N

CF Legend
We now have a POV online courtesy of Ride Review:
Looks absolutely excellent, on the whole! Bits of it could perhaps do with a touch more theming instead of a black wall, if I were to be very picky, but on the whole, it looks absolutely superb, in my opinion; top job, Movie Park!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah that does look pretty great. Quite plausibly the second best cred at the park after Star Trek.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ahead of Van Helsing, do you think? I haven’t seen a POV of that one, but it’s always rated so highly!
I think Star Trek is a bit... meh... but it's probably the best coaster they have. This and Van Helsing are probably pretty equal, and I think this probably looks better than Van Helsing, to be honest.

Matt N

CF Legend
Agree, but I also think it fits in pretty well with the whole "studio" look so that the different scenes are sets inside a big production hall.
I guess so; I never really thought of it like that! Also, I guess you’re moving too fast to really notice in the bits with black walls, anyway; the slow bits where you get to really take in the theming look spectacular, in my opinion, which are the main bits that matter!

Peet

Giga Poster
That's a bit too much dark ride and not enough roller coaster for my taste. It looks high quality for what it is though, and perfect for the park.

cookie

Giga Poster
I guess my main takeway is damn is it moving hella fast through those darkride sections. Not sure how much of your surroundings you’re going to be able to take in considering how it flies past some of those scenes.