What's new

Moto Coaster for Särkänniemi in 2010

thx

Mega Poster
Särkänniemi is getting a "Moto Coaster" to replace the old Vekoma Corkscrew for next season. In the article below, they say that there aren't any smiliar coasters in Europe yet. The trains are like the one in the picture.
http://www.aamulehti.fi/uutiset/pirkanmaa/161509.shtml

9459449-wide.jpg

Personally, it's a bit of a letdown, but still, it's a credit :lol:

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
(Dang, you beat me. I already started a topic in the Ride Construction)

But anyway, it's good to have a launched coaster (although it's not that intense...)

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Oh those are cool.

The one at Darien had a good launch, but it was smooth as glass. I feel like if they made it faster on the actual layout portion, it would be a lot of fun. I had a great time on OCC.

I hope they're going for some custom layout or at least launching the stock model like the one in China as I hear that's a lot better. Either way, that's a pretty cool addition; I wouldn't mind getting one around here some day.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Adding new rides every year must be good then. The queue for the Disko this year was huge as it was a new ride. I am expecting this to be another popular attraction!

RIP Korkkiruuvi
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2v5PBg4kis[/youtube]

Emmett

Giga Poster
I think anything would be better than Korkkiruuvi as it was awful so I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. If they are going use the exact same area where Korkkiruuvi sat then they may just go with the standard model as it would probably take up the same space.

Särkänniemi must have a good relationship with Zamperla as it will be their third big ride in the park.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I actually liked the Darien Lake Motocoaster. It actually felt like being on a motorcycle on a windy mountain road, unlike the one at Knott's or the Booster Bikes which felt nothing like an actual motorcycle ride. (Or riding a horse, for that matter.)

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
UPDATE!!!
First things first. The coaster now has a name: MotoGee (pronounced like MotoG as in MotoGP).

Secondly, vertical contruction has begun. Here's a link to the finnish forum. The link below the pic leads to more images. As can be seen from the pic, track will be black (sexy :pr ) and supports grey, adding a kinda tarmac-ish feeling. This ride is motorbike related after all.

Thirdly, Särkänniemi has made a commercial which can be seen from their website here (it's the top one). The other is a "making of" and the one in the bottom is from Zamperla's archives. It says on the commercial: "New MotoGee. You can't experience this anywhere else."

Särkänniemi will open April 30th. You bet I'll be there if I'm not working at Linnanmäki that day!

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Trackwork nearing completion (if not already completed). Pics behind this link.

I must say I'm excited! :--D Too bad I can't ride it on the opening day (April 30th), but ASAP I'll go there.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
That appears to be a clone of the one at Darien Lake.
(Which also happens to be the prototype.)

Not a huge thrill-factor ride, but still quite fun, IMO.

Absimilliard

Roller Poster
I remember hearing that a small park in France didn't think much of the prototype when it was offered to them. The launch system was a terrible, inefficient and unreliable thing back then. So, I guess Zamperla really worked on it and made it reliable and cheap to operate.

Give Zamperla enough time and they will sell those rides to a lot of small parks.