What's new

Most physically straining coasters

tomahawk

Strata Poster
X2 by far is most, for me at least. It is so intense and unpredictable, just an amazing ride, but something you can't marathon.

Voyage as well to a lesser degree. Intense ride where you can't ride it again and again without being just exhausted after.

S

SimonSays99

IE Park portable compact looper, in my case the "Cobra Coaster" by showmen Agtsch - a toally horrible experience and had back pain for two days.

I never had back pain on a coaster before or after this experience - and I visited Blackpool Pleasure Beach on a slow day!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Furius Baco
Ultimate
any pinfari with buggerall legroom seats
and woody's such as mean streak / bandit (movie park) vibrated so much I was worried about chipping a tooth!!

bmac

Giga Poster
Intimidator 305 or Skyrush, can get 2 or 3 re-rides in but they wreck me for the rest of the day.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Vortex at Kings Island (or any massive Arrow looper for that matter).

Arrow multi-loopers were simply not designed to go above 50 mph and feature 4+ inversions. Pure uncomfort.

Intricks

Strata Poster
I love marathoning Skyrush though, such wonderful bruising afterwards <3

Anywho, Voyage and Legend are two that immediately come to mind. The lats on Legend are insane, and Voyages constant intensity just makes it hard to even try to marathon it. I honestly think I have only hit 4 re-rides, and even then I was doubtin trip 4!

Top Thrill Dragster can also kick the air outta ya. Its still easier to re-ride than most, but that launch <3

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I think the question isn't something that disabled you for the rest of the day, but simply something you may not immediately hop onto for a reride immediately afterwards.

Again Vortex at Kings Island. What a ****.

Dar

Hyper Poster
I have to agree with The Ultimate. The only coaster to have actually left me with bruises!

Gazza

Giga Poster
Green Lantern at SFMM produces some really intense forces, especially if you get a ride where you are face down at the bottom of a drop and cop all the positive Gs on your chest, or if you come into the final brakes headfirst.

andrus

Giga Poster
bmac said:
Intimidator 305 or Skyrush, can get 2 or 3 re-rides in but they wreck me for the rest of the day.
And we had ERT for 30 mins with what? 8-9 consecutive rides?? :lol:

Actually Skyrsuh is a bit "exhausting" on the first run, because of the pain. But as your legs starting to get numb, the ride gets more and more enjoyable! In the end I really didn't want to get off the ride, such a fab coaster!! :--D

Most physically straining for me would be Furius Baco or Batman the ride.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Wild Mouse at Blackpool. It's **** terrifying, rough and not at all enjoyable. (I know I'm on my own with that opinion).

Grand National also at Blackpool. Same reasons really, it's too rough and painful to enjoy.

Stampida at Port Aventura. Rough. Painful. Headache inducing.

Trying to think of a steel coaster. I adore it but Montu does spring to mind because it is really forceful in places, but it is still one of my favourite coasters...probably for this reason. It isn't at all painful like the aforementioned wood.

Can't think of any steel pain. I'd imagine the Smiler would come to mind for some but I haven't ridden it since summer 2013...when it wasn't that rough and really enjoyable.

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
Once went 8 re rides in a row on Voyage before sub missing to exhaustion... The park was absolutely empty at Holiday World and my buddies just kept on running back into the station time and time again. Talk about a major headache after