What's new

Most New Creds in a Year

DelPiero

Strata Poster
This is my first year of being a proper enthusiast so it's easily my most gained.

2013 - 58 and counting.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
52 I think in 2009 due to the US trip. I may have nabbed some others that year too, but I don't think so.

2007 is probably my second best year with a spattering of UK creds on the way to and back from Sweden/Norway. I reckon maybe 20 max... About the same as last year actually due to Germany (EuropaPark <3 ) :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
Definitely got over 100 last year because I hit my 300th and 400th cred, but no idea how many I actually managed to get!

ignace

Mega Poster
This year will be my best with 90 new credits so far, but in a month I visit Blackpool and Alton Towers for the first time, so it will be more then 100 credits.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Spot the anomoly (the year I worked at BGW and had a roomate as crazy as me, so driving all over the East Coast was doable)

2009: 27
2010: 82
2011: 12
2012: 29
2013: 32

I feel like an average of 36 new coasters a year (since I really started counting) is pretty solid, and a pace that is both affordable and realistic. Those numbers = about 70% of my total 255.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I'm down to only getting between 30 and 50 new rides in a year at this point.
Although in 2005 and 2006 I got over 100 credits each. In 05 I went from 290 (something) to over 300, and in 06 with the help of England and southern NJ toppled over 400. In 07 I got just under 100 leaving me to hit 500 my first trip of 2008 and I hit 600 by August of 2009. In 09 I moved across the country and got a less-paying job so 2010 ended up being my lowest credit run for me. Just doing Minnesota. It took me until 2012 to hit 700 and now 2013 is nearing its end and I'm at 745 with no new credits to pickup. I'm hoping to hit 800 next fall if things work out.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^I hear you. Being in college, with no job, I got like 5 this year. I don't see me breaking 1200 for at least three more years.

Casio

Mega Poster
This year is my highest at 31 which I thought was great...pales in comparison to some of these on here haha

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Ah, thanks to me dating all my rides on C-C I've come up with this.....

2013 - 31 credits and 2 more relocated rerides
2012 - 43 credits and 5 more relocated rerides (700th ridden this year)
2011 - 21 credits and 2 more relocated rerides
2010 - 22 credits and 2 more relocated rerides
2009 - 68 credits.... 0 relocated (600th ridden this year)
2008 - 64 credits and 1 more relocated reride (500th ridden this year)
2007 - 79 credits.... 0 relocated
2006 - 120 credits and 1 more relocated reride (400th ridden this year)
2005 - 108 credits.... 0 relocated (200th and 300th ridden this year)
2004 - 40 credits.... 0 relocated
*2003* - 8 credits.... 0 relocated (This is the first year I put together my coaster count, I was already over 100 at this time, this http://rcdb.com/1519.htm?p=11770 becomes the first coaster I "counted")

peep

CF Legend
I get the feeling last year may have been my biggest year but I have gained 142 creds this year. Been awesome, picked some up in Europe, a fair few in America/Canada and then Japan. Been a very expensive year but totally worth it, who knows, I may be able to fit in a couple more somehow. Will definitely be hitting 500 next year :)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
At the beginning of last year I had 80 creds and ended on exactly 200 (+120). I doubt I'll beat that for a while yet.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
In 2007, I got 106 new creds. 100 of them were in the USA.

This year I got 101. I can't see that number increasing.

It'll probably be another six years until I get over 100 new creds in a year!

However, I reckon I've been to 50 theme parks this year, which is more than ever before. 2007 had fewer park but they had more creds.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I got 111 new credits in 2010. All, with the exception of Thirteen, were on the Shuckin' Escapade US Live.

I got 94 new credits this year (2013), but I don't think I'm going to be able to get another 17 this year to beat the 201 record. Honestly, I can't really imagine being able to get that many new credits in any year in the future. I would have though maybe a big trip to Asia/Australia might be able to do it, but that seems more like a pipe-dream at the moment.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Last year I managed 94 new credits with a big USA trip and some other stuff around Europe.

2013 has been an unexpected year me for. With no big trips planned at the start of the year my aim was to get 50 new credits, but as the year has gone on, I've now gained 137 credits so far with another 5 more booked! Pretty much all of those have come from long weekend trips hopping across Europe with one trip to Cedar Point and Canadas Wonderland thrown in!

Like Ian, my park count has been huge this year, visiting 57 different parks so far (i'm counting anything with a credit in this.) and a few repeat visits to the Merlin parks.

Luxornv

Mega Poster
The most new credits in one year is 24 from this year. I had 21 last year, and 16 in 2009. 2009 was my first trip to Orlando, but Space Mountain was closed that year, and I didn't get a chance to go to Tampa for Busch Gardens. I finished those up this year when I went back. Last year I had 2 new park visits, but one of them was Dollywood with only 6 coasters (at the time, and I only rode 5). Also this year, I had an unexpected trip to Seattle for business, so I was able to get to Wild Waves in Federal Way and Silverwood in Athol, Idaho. I don't think I'll be going anywhere new for the rest of this year since I tend to avoid doing trips this time of year since parks are usually crowded.

Rach

Giga Poster
As each year goes, I seem to get more and more creds!

2011 was when I really started building up my cred count! I can't quite remember how many I obtained that year!

2012 was the first trip to the states and few other little trips here and there and I picked up a nice 113 creds that year!

I didn't think I'd come close to topping 2012, but 2013 has wiped its arse already and I'm still not finished yet! So far this year, I've picked up 136 creds taking me to the 434 I'm sat at now! I've hit my 300th and 400th cred this year! I'm likely to finish the year on just over 450! :D

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
ECG said:
Since 2008 (when I joined CF) I've always tried to get at least 100 new credz each year. I came up short in 2010 due to the cancellation of the Euro Live and the epic back-to-back U.S. Lives, which ate up four summer weeks at 18 parks that I previously visited.
Here is the breakdown:
2008 - 150
2009 - 186
2010 - 27
2011 - 115
2012 - 154
2013 - 143 so far, but I still have three credz in Florida to pick up next month.
Don't think I'll ever beat 2009 unless I move to the Far East for a year. :lol:
In addition to the three new credz in Florida I also got Flying Turns since I posted that, so my total for this year is 148.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
This year I got 24 new creds - this was mainly due to Florida though.

Hoping to get a lot more next year :)

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Had a total binge in 2007 and got about 250 new creds in a year. Since then I've done nothing like that.