What's new

Most airtime you've experienced on one hill

JSM

Mega Poster
What's the most intense/craziest airtime you've experienced on one hill? For me, it's the first big hill after the drop on Twisted Colossus.

J Rod

Roller Poster
I haven't been on many true airtime machines, but I'd have to go with Magnum's bunny hills at the end. Gotta love those triangles.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Violent, aggresive, trying-to-kill you, ejector seat airtime? Taron, hands down. Those two, twisted airtime hills - you know the ones I mean.

Strong (but not violent), sustained airtime? Helix, hands down. Any of those three big air moments. You know the ones I mean.

Endless, fabulous, floaty awesomeness? Behemoth, hands down. First drop, and any one of the next four gigantic, inline camelbacks. You know the ones I mean.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
In one hill? El Toro's 'surprise hill' first comes to mind, with Wicked Cyclone's brutal airtime moments not too far behind. Both fond memories anyways!

Peet

Giga Poster
Probably the 2nd or 4th hills on Shambhala where you seem to float for a good 4 or 5 seconds, although special mentions go to Helix and Superman Escape from Krypton. There are also some great unexpected moments of airtime on Flying Aces (if you sit on the outside seats) that just come from the track banking from one side to the other.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
IMG_20180330_223743.png

Wooden coaster Troy at Toverland, in Sevenum, the Netherlands, Europe.

It's one of the best wooden coasters in Europe because of the amount of airtime. You ride with a speed of 95 km/h over small airtime hills where you get kicked out of your seat which is equal to the first airtime hill of Taron.

That's why Troy is my number 1 wooden coaster so far. ;)

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I've got four that spring to mind:

-The camelback on Speed at Oakwood. Underrated yet so punchy and sustained, if that ride had lap bars people would be going nuts over that moment.

-Twisted airtime hill on Taron, it's a brief moment but it feels like you're being chucked out the train. Magnificent stuff.

-The speed hill on Shambhala, yeah it's trimmed but you still go across it at a ferocious speed. I went on a White Night and at half two in the morning after warming up since 10AM it was absolutely hauling. The only time on a coaster it's felt like all my organs have relocated to my neck for those few beautiful seconds.

- The big camelback on Helix, no description necessary.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Best and most violent airtime: any of Skyrush's hills.

Longest airtime on a single hill: some of Mako's hills last a good 5 seconds. Other B&M megas actually might last as long as that but Mako does it without seatbelts, so it's the most enjoyable for me.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I'm not sure if one particular moment comes to mind but The Back of El Toro's first drop, The last part of the Quad Down on Lightning Rod and Jack Rabbit at Kennywoods Double Down come to mind.

Edward M

Strata Poster
The first hill on Skyrush wins this for me because of that prolonged, insanely intense ejector. Plus, the train’s lack of restraint makes the intensity of it seem all the more insane.

balrog

Mega Poster
I'm going to mimic HeartlineCoaster :
The brain's thrill center says that "I'm going to kill you" twist on Taron.
The chronometer says Shambhala's first hill when ridden on the middle of the train.
The thigh's pressure sensitive nerves say EGF's drop when ridden in the amputation seat.

Snoo

The Legend
Single hill: El Toro's ejector hill which used to be over Rolling Thunder. Still the single most intense experience of airtime ever.
Series of hills: Lightning Rod quad down
Coaster in general: Skyrush.. obvs.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Storm Chaser tries to murder you. Lightning Rod tries to sensually murder you on the quad down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Best and most violent airtime: any of Skyrush's hills.

Longest airtime on a single hill: some of Mako's hills last a good 5 seconds. Other B&M megas actually might last as long as that but Mako does it without seatbelts, so it's the most enjoyable for me.
Mako is better than Shambhala for air time IMO.

In fairness Ive not been on Shambhala in a few years and Mako was only a few months ago.