What's new

Model suffers minor inconvenience at Alton, makes news

Robbie

Hyper Poster
OTT story from the Daily Star:
ABBEY Clancy was left dangling 30ft in the air on a fairground ride as her footballer fella cringed with embarrassment.

The babe screamed: “Petey! Petey! Help me!” as the crocked Sonic Spinball at Alton Towers shuddered to a halt.

She was on the ride alone as 6ft 7ins Stoke striker husband Peter Crouch, 31, was too tall to fit in.

The model, 26, was worried she was going to vomit as the machinery failed leaving her swaying in the wind on Sunday.

A source said: “Peter’s used to a lot of ribbing at theme parks because his height means he often can’t go on rides as his legs don’t fit in.

“Abbey was really keen to try out the Sonic Spinball so she left Peter holding their daughter Sophia while she went for a spin. But halfway through there was a mechanical fault and she ended up stuck.

“Everyone could hear her screaming: ‘Petey! Petey!’ He looked more embarrassed than worried.”

A spokesman for Alton Towers, Staffs, said: “We did have a minor technical glitch. Guests were evacuated as quickly as possible.”

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
“Everyone could hear her screaming: ‘Petey! Petey!’ He looked more embarrassed than worried.”

Facepalm.....

Surely the more newsworthy thing here is that Peter Crouch will NEVER get to ride skyrush....

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ugh, Abbey Clancy is VILE.

She's not a model; she's a reality show contestant who went on to marry a footballer. Whatadog.

Smithy

Strata Poster
The only thing she should be modelling is the leftovers of the bloody good meal she needs.

Nic

Strata Poster
Best topic title ever.

Gotta love the daily star. I might try and see if I can read this at work tomorrow, just to see if dailystar.co.uk is still blocked under the category "Tasteless".

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I read this yesterday and was gonig to do a piss-take news article on it, but people might have actually thought it was serious and that would have looked bad. Such a non-story for a non-celebrity.

scw55

Hyper Poster
I can imagine that Alton Towers allows all spouses into the 'forbidden access:staff only' areas of rides to let them "rescue" their loved one.

Or maybe Pete has arcane power of reality which we don't know about and Miss Model wanted him to relocate her.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
It really wasn't 30ft in the air. The car had stopped on the small flat section just before the lift. Pete went to Squirrel Nutty whilst they were stuck. :roll:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I know that the PR companies have to publicise the parks whenever there's a celebrity in town, but do people really care if a two-bit z-list celeb visits a park? Fair enough if A-lists like Madonna, Obama, Justin Bieber, Margaret Thatcher, etc visited a park, but stuff like this is ridiculous.

Here's something similar with a silly headline: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ds-newsxml Although the photos are pretty good.

Lofty

CF Legend
How dire. Even the ride thought, "Ugh. This bitch...".

She's just a talentless Slapper who's fame is as short-lived as her virginity was!