What's new

Mirabilandia, 8-10 September 2011

Shubinine

Mega Poster
NOTE: I did not yet get all the pictures that us all took. Only those that i took with my hand camera.. Which sucks... So...

So. Back from the awesome park that is Mirabilandia. Even tough.. oh well you will read.

So, 8th september. Me, a friend of mine and my mom. 6:00 local time. We go to the very nice airport and wait in the departures terminal until 7:45 which should have been our dep. time only to be told that it departs at 8:25... Which didn't happen either... 8:45 was when we were airborne and on our way to Forli Airport.

We arrive there at 9:55 local time in Italy. We stayed at Hotel paradise Airport. I do recommend that hotel if you do the mistake to stay in forli....

At about 10:30 we took a cab to the rail station... To find out that there is only one bus departing to Mirabilandia all day... at 9:35!!! So.. Another cab to mirabilandia it is...

After losing more money on the way there than we would in the park.. We saw this:

dsc08013v.jpg

This was good!

dsc08015d.jpg

Ahhhhhh

Finally. at 11:10

dsc08016m.jpg

We finally meet. Monorail outside the park itself...

So. We look to the right as we hear the best sound ever..

dsc08017xk.jpg

Guess what we rode first...

HAHA well if you thought katun my friend... Meh who am I trying to fool, you were right...

dsc08020d.jpg

It's weird that the only road we found to get to katun was near Niagara. Which i will discuss later..

From that point on things took a nasty turn. Only rides and..... sleep... None of us slept more than 4 hours in the last 24 before getting in the park. HOWEVER. We went and queued for Katun first.

Katun was, as we saw from the queue, running two trains, so I told my friend that we should get our On Ride photos soon after we were off because we should ride right back for a second time in no queue. Well, first queue took 10 minutes before getting on Katun. Which brings me to....

The Experience

Katun is by far the best coaster I've ridden so far. It makes blue fire look like a joke... Seriously. This ride is intense from the drop to the brakes. The cobra is really forcefull in my opinion, and all the rest of the layout packs a punch. There are not 3 seconds where you can relax. And I counted...

Overall: Katun is a 10/10 ( Which lowers any rating I gave to every ride at Europa by 1)

So. We get our on rides, leave them to my mom and go ride again. TO SEE THAT THEY REMOVED 1 TRAIN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY!!! WHYYYY?????. Queue was about 30 minutes now. Was not that bad afterall.

While in the queue I noticed the Lift sistem. It's like a counter-weight system that makes the lift go faster with more weight that is applied to it. Which is why it goes faster after the second car attaches to the lift and slows down when it is off. I am smart. cool)

Now, we got a drink just from outside Katun. Drank it. Then wend on Niagara. Without proper clothing(which would mean NO CLOTHES). We got so wet.. Twice.. One time when we actually dropped. Second. When we were leaving they made it so just when at the exit another train would drop and SLPASH YOU DIRECTLY IN THE FACE!!! So, yea.

Niagara was fun, but not that much of a thing. 6/10

Then we thought we should dry ourselves. On iSpeed...

Now. Ispeed's queue was 15 minutes. First time we rode in 2nd car. Ispeed is great the first few times you ride it, but then you get used to it. Which does not happen to Katun at all. However it does not mean that it is not an excellent ride. I think it is just as good as Blue Fire.

iSpeed - 9/10

So then after we got our on-rides... we rode it 2 more times in 30 minutes. Excellent. Then we grabbed some food from outside iSpeed and we sat there for a while. I was already abit dizzy because of the fac that iw as so tired from no sleep and the flight and all that. However, after we stayed there for abut 30 minutes...

dsc08022s.jpg

We couldn't resist it any longer. We went and rode it 2 more times in 30 minutes also.

Then I really couldn't take any more rides. We left the park at 5:30 and asked at the Information about the Forli bus. "18.18, at the second bus station."
18.45. Nothing happened. So we figured the forlu bus was bullsh*t. We took a cab... again.

Ride Count

Katun x4
iSpeed x3
Niagara x1

Day 2

Long story. Let's just say we got to the park at about 1:00 PM...

So, we saw again, Katun was running two trains, so we queued for front row in order to film a POV. Meanwhile my mom was taking pictures of Katun.

dsc08030p.jpg

dsc08034z.jpg

dsc08035u.jpg

dsc08039.jpg

dsc08054d.jpg

Till one point. When we wre still queueing for the front row... We saw this, and lucky for this trip report, my mom saw it too...

dsc08047j.jpg

Katun. Empty train... That only mean one thing. Back to one train operation, just like yesterday... We were next tough so that did not buther us... yet.

We did film a POV but i will post it as soon as I have it.

Then we rode katun 2 more times. Bringing it to 7.

We then did the Master Thai(jerky but fun. 7/10 Rapids (WET - 8/10-- Note that the rating only applies to the rapids comparing to other rapids I have ridden), Family Adventure(pretty nice but boring. 6/10)

Then we did iSpeed 4 more times in 40 minutes. First time including us getting the DVD.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/dsc08097x.jpg/

My mom did actually get me in that picture. I am the one about to be hit by the support with my hands up...

We skipped the green kiddle and Pakal and the powered coaster then. Because There was only 1 hour left of the park open and we needed 3 more rides on Katun to get to 10.

First time the queue was acceptable, but it was starting to fill in after us. So we saw that right before we would get on the ride they put the second train back on. That was excellent news for us. So we managed to get our 10th ride on Katun right before they wouldn't allow anyone else to queue. So i rode one of the last Katun trains of the day. Just like i did with Silver Star at Europa xD.

All in all, in terms of coasters, Mirabilandia can kick Europas arse. But in themeing and stuff Europa owns. Hard to tell which I like the most... But one thing is for sure. Katun is my fav coaster so far :p

I had a great time and thanks to your advice loefet, we did not even need that damned Vpass

I may remember later tomorrow that I forgot things in this report... probably not tough.

Final Ride Count

Katun x10
iSpeed x7
Niagara x1
rapids x1
Family Adventure x1
Master Thai x1

Hope you enjoyed reading this short story!

A

Anonymous

Seems like you had a good few days there, I would have loved to be there with the light crowds you had, but even if we were there on a really crowded days, the queues were not that horrible that I had thought.

Nice report in all, glad to see that you liked both iSpeed and Katun, I didn't like Katun as much as you due to the fact that I have ridden more powerful ones (Pyrenees + Monster <3) but Katun is still really good.
Oh yeah, the Vpass is pretty pointless unless it's crazy crowded...

Shubinine

Mega Poster
Indeed getting that Vpass would have been useless. Katun and iSpeed are like a perfect duo for a park.
I did get the POV but my friend is yelling ALOT and I am still considering uploading it...

Colossus

Giga Poster
I have 1 question as iam in the planning stages of a Euro park trip for next April, what is the language barrier like?

Really nice report by the way :)

A

Anonymous

^ In Italy?
I didn't find it too bad, as long as you are close to tourist areas or larger theme parks such as Mirabilandia then it isn't as bad as you would think, if you however decided to venture into small places and southern Italy, then the knowledge of English drops to very low levels...
Even though you might get the message by using sign language etc...

Shubinine

Mega Poster
I have to say that for us it was no big deal because me being romanian can understand italian fairly well because they are pretty simmilar. However in the forli - ravenna area english is pretty well known.

Colossus

Giga Poster
That is interesting to know as I am contemplating whether to pay Mirabilandia and Gardaland a visit?
Thanks for the info guys :)

Shubinine

Mega Poster
Yes. Go do gardaland and mirabilandia. It will be worth it.

EDIT: not to mention that because mirabilandia turned 20 this year you can come back the second day for free.