Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soya

• Other

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

We have full fat, semi and skimmed in the Hankinson house.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I use green (semi) milk for tea, breakfast and general drinking.

However, if I have a sweet cereal such as Frosties, Crunchy Nut Cornflakes or Coco_pops, I like blue (full-fat) milk.

Lain

Giga Poster
I used to drink whole, but have recently switched to semi-skimmed.

Skimmed is the devil in liquid form. That's why it has a red top.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Lain said:
Skimmed is the devil in liquid form. That's why it has a red top.

You mean skimmed is the watered down love cream that leaks from Lucifer's limp udder?

It's about right though. It's just grey and watery and not good.

I do the whole semi-skimmed thing now (the fence-sitters milk), but can still stomach full-lard milk (Ian is right, and sweet cerials are much better with half a tub of butter liquified on them). I just don't do it though...

aly

Mega Poster
I love the white stuff, however only full-fat milk will do for me. Generally I'm not fussy when its bein given to me but when I'm buying it for the firdge it's always full-fat (blue label).

A

Anonymous

Well I have the milk of satan!

Good job I didn't do this poll a couple of years ago or there would be another option tehe.

The main reason for doing this poll is because where I used to live it was hard to get fresh skimmed milk, now it is difficult to get full fat with a good date as they don't sell much of that in this area!

aly

Mega Poster
Ewww, I can just see it now:

Aly "Good Afternoon, Tesco Bathgate Aly speaking how can I help?"

Customer "Do you stock breast milk?

Aly "One moment, till I just search on the system"

Customer "No problem"

Aly "Computer Says No" *hangs up*

Can't beat a bit of bitty :wink: :lol:

Angel

Hyper Poster
Semi-Skimmed. Always has been in this house. I cant remember it any other way!

Ive had the others though and I could really tell the difference, I guess its just what your used to.

thx

Mega Poster
We don't have the same 'titles' over here, but when I was in England I had semi-skimmed milk (1.5%fat?). I do also have it over here, aswell as milk with 1% fat and fatfree milk (which really tastes almost like air, I mean dull but clean air :? and is watery).
I can have milk with 3 % of fat, (Full fat?) but I'm just not used to it, and I prefer the lighter versions, even if they're 'actually' not as 'real'.

lol

Mega Poster
Red top = Skimmed
Red and Silver Stripes = Semi Skimmed
Silver = ?
Blue top = Full fat
Gold top = ?

I always thought gold top was the creamiest - but we're talking bottles now, not cartons.

I also hate how Americans call it "Skim milk". That makes no sense. (Also people who say "I could care less" but that's got nothing to do with milk, just Americans)

bazpa

Hyper Poster
My Mum always bought skimmed milk and I hated it - just white water, I always buy full fat milk. But in tea I like it so creamy the milk cools it down too much so I have tinned Carnation evaporated milk in tea when I can.

Richie

Hyper Poster
I like semi-skimmed milk best but I like it room temperature.

Remember in the days of nursery when you used to get a carten of milk each day? Well I used to love that stuff and my mum used to try giving me normal milk at home but I hated it. She then realised it was because it was room temperature and had been sitting around for some time before so she used to put it in the microwave for about 15 seconds.

Now I'm older I like just normal semi-skimmed from the fridge but room temp is nice!

A

Anonymous

Gold top = ?

I always thought gold top was the creamiest - but we're talking bottles now, not cartons.

Gold top is Channel Island milk which is 5.5% fat. Full cream milk is only 4%.

A

Anonymous

Only really like milk with cereal (hehehe, reminds of that famous cheesy lil movie on the Intenet- Mill and Cereal!) Otherwise, not really too keen on drinking milk normally.. bleh..
I guess semi-skimmed?? And yeah, as we are an organic obsessed family and try to eat main stuff organic, it's organic semi-skimmed milk! I recommend organic milk! Yeah, it's good with cereal..
Full fat is too creamy for me..ugggh

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/milkandcereal.html
^Might want to watch the 'milk + cereal' song????

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Great, we've got arsed-up top colours up here. Our skimmed is blue, semi-skimmed is red & then there's silver & gold which get increasingly more creamy.

Personally, I use skimmed. I'm not one for cream anyway, don't like it. I'm happy with my milk as long as its wet. I don't drink it on its own, its either on cereal or making an iced coffee, so I allow its other component parts to flavour the finished product as a whole.