Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
1. Skyrush
25. nitro
im hoping 50 is tmnt shell raiser at nick universe
Hi and welcome to CoasterForce!

Please put a little more effort into your spelling and punctuation. We won't complain if you split an infinitive or end a sentence with a preposition, but please at least refrain from using "text speak". That is really tiresome to read and gives a really sloppy impression.

Thanks!

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
1) Tyrolean Tubtwist, Joyland
25) Trace du Hourra, Parc Astérix
50) Wild Mouse Coaster, Clacton Pier
100) Family Star, Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
I've just realised that somehow, perhaps because its such an obvious one to put down (in much the same way as Coast2Coaster still hasn't included Velocicoaster on its map!) I somehow forgot to include Disneyland Space Mountain on my list. So when I went to Alton Towers to knock out Thi3teen before going on to Wicker Man so that Wicker Man could be my 100th, it turns out that Thi3teen was in fact my 100th.
This is where I personally cheat and say the spirit of the milestone is the one you thought it was at the time of riding, because things change, it can easily become a right mess and there's no fun in saying otherwise, particularly if you went to the effort of acknowledging it in the first place.

To the best of my knowledge, every single one up to 1000 for me is wrong. My most recent one may be wrong depending on whether I choose to count a certain questionable piece of rubbish or not (haven't decided yet). 1000 might become wrong tomorrow, it might not. But they're still my milestones.

Nick13

Mega Poster
I reached 400 last weekend, also Raptor at Gardaland!

100 - Psyké Underground, Walibi Belgium
200 - Flight of Fear, King’s Island
300 - Valkyria, Liseberg
400 - Raptor, Gardaland

After hitting 500 on Storm Chaser at Paultons in April, my 600 was Kondaa on Saturday for Walibi Belgium’s reopening day. I’d forgotten that my 100 was also at Walibi a few years back!

EBA17C40-FB18-4FF2-A542-9103BC2D4CA5.jpeg

Nick13

Mega Poster
Congratulations @Nick13; if you wouldn't mind saying, how was Kondaa?

Kondaa was a great ride, but maybe not quite as good as I had hyped myself up for. The first drop is great (though I still prefer EGF’s I think), it has really strong airtime on the first hill and then tries to throw you out completely on the banked hill! The non-inverting cobra roll doesn’t do much but leads nicely into the second half of the ride which is less intense and has some good floater airtime.

The ride really warms up as the day goes on, it was a lot faster and flying into the brakes in the late afternoon. The ops were great as well, it’s the first ride I’ve seen this year with a single ride line open so easily managed to get 7 rides in on Saturday.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Forgot to post this a while back, but, a few months ago, I rode my 50th wooden coaster! It ended up being at a (somewhat) local park to me, which felt special. 'Twas Dragon Coaster at Rye Playland. Not much in the way of airtime, but it had that distinctive feel that only a coaster that's about to turn 100 years old has. Smooth as butter but oozing with charm. The park in general was a surprising little delight. Nothing too distinctive but a solid collection of rides, with a whopping three dark rides (quite rare in America).

Matt N

CF Legend
Forgot to post this a while back, but, a few months ago, I rode my 50th wooden coaster! It ended up being at a (somewhat) local park to me, which felt special. 'Twas Dragon Coaster at Rye Playland. Not much in the way of airtime, but it had that distinctive feel that only a coaster that's about to turn 100 years old has. Smooth as butter but oozing with charm. The park in general was a surprising little delight. Nothing too distinctive but a solid collection of rides, with a whopping three dark rides (quite rare in America).
Congratulations @Edward M!

Skyye

Mega Poster
60th credit was Rollin Thunder at Park at OWA, 10-50 I don't know for sure. Wish there was a way to sort by date added on Coaster Count
Next milestone is 70, which looks like it could be the Coney Island Cyclone, unless I have another trip between now and then that has new credits for me to get.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
1) Tyrolean Tubtwist, Joyland
25) Trace du Hourra, Parc Astérix
50) Wild Mouse Coaster, Clacton Pier
100) Family Star, Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
I recently discovered that Ice Mountain at Hyde Park Winter Wonderland has had two separate pieces of hardware in the building. Upon this discovery I've had a new coaster to add to my count which ultimately changed my #100!

My new #100 is Cannonball Express at Pleasurewood Hills and I couldn't have asked for a better one. Instantly became one of my favourites in the country. And that's a compliment.

I know Heartline said something along the lines of "it's good when your milestone is what you originally thought it was" and I can get behind that - I understand the reasoning and I support the idea of that especially when milestones mean something significant. But I change mine when I discover I did something earlier, for consistency. I think I'll understand when #200 changes from a new #1 to an 80STD.

Last edited:

TilenB

Strata Poster
Not a new milestone, but a recent change on coaster-count that linked the two coasters that I've ridden prompted me to look deeper into the three Spanish carnival coasters that I've ridden.

So what I initially thought were the same coasters that I've ridden in Tenerife in 2010 and in Barcelona in 2016, have (upon a closer comparison of the photos I took and found online) now turned out to be different coasters, based on the different design of the OTSR and slightly different designs on the lead cars. And what I thought was a new-to-me coaster that I've ridden in Barcelona in 2017 turned out to be the same coaster that I've done in Tenerife in 2010, but with a fresh lick of paint (if coaster-count's research is to be believed).

So as a consequence, my coaster count stays at 312 and my #300 stays with Hair Raiser, but my #200 went from being my favorite coaster, Taron to

#200 - Raik, Phantasialand

On the other hand, my #250 changed for the better, from Arkham Asylum to Superman Escape in Warner Bros. Movie World. At least something to cushion the blow.

SkyrushSimp

Mega Poster
#1 was Cocoa Crusier at Hersheypark

#50 was Great White at Morey's

#100 was TTD at Cedar Point

#200 was Mamba at Worlds of Fun

#300 was Switchback at ZDT's

#400 Great American Scream Machine at SF Over Georgia

#500 Cyclops at Mount Olympus

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
#1 was Cocoa Crusier at Hersheypark

#50 was Great White at Morey's

#100 was TTD at Cedar Point

#200 was Mamba at Worlds of Fun

#300 was Switchback at ZDT's

#400 Great American Scream Machine at SF Over Georgia

#500 Cyclops at Mount Olympus
Wow, over 500 at 14! When did you become an enthusiast, out of interest?

cookie

Giga Poster
#10 - X-Treme Racers, Legoland Billund
#20 - Rutschebanen, Tivoli Gardens
#30 - Tornado, Bakken
#40 - Fluch Von Novgorod, Hansa Park
#50 - Batman, Folkets Park
#60 - Grottenblitz, Heide-Park
#70 - Matterhorn Blitz, Europa Park
#75 - Wildfire, Kolmården
#80 - Kvasten, Gröna Lund
#90 - Ba-a-a Express, Europa Park

Hoping to make either Lost Gravity or Baron 1898 my #100 this coming August. Will depend on what I visit beforehand.
So it took a year (and a different set of parks), but after 2021 I've hit the big 100 and beyond.

#100 - Star Trek: Operation Enterprise, Movie Park Germany
#110 - Calamity Mine, Walibi Belgium
#120 - Typhoon, Bobbejaanland
#125 - Oki Doki, Bobbejaanland
#130 - Trace Du Hourra, Parc Astérix