What's new

Microsoft ordered to stop sales of Word and Office

Microsoft are evil. Just because I don't want to buy the new 2007 edition of Word dosen't mean you completley block and remove my 2003 version.....

Dave said:
Microsoft are evil. Just because I don't want to buy the new 2007 edition of Word dosen't mean you completley block and remove my 2003 version.....

They don't, unless you have a dodgy version of Word 2003, or a license model which forces upgrade. We're still using 30 copies of Word 2003 here. At home I am using 2003 and XP (and who actually ever used Word XP?).

Sorry, but load of bollocks Dave, if you have a problem with your copy of Word, you need to contact either Microsoft (who have a good support line for dealing with this), or the people who supplied your copy of Word.

This is pretty major for Microsoft to be honest. It doesn't bother us, but it will make a huge impact on PC distributors particularly. Lots of manufacturers make a lot of money supplying OEM along with a PC which they need a fix for in the next three weeks.

Breaking the law is breaking the law. Doesn't necessarily make said law breaker evil. *cough*... Dave :roll:

And everyone knows it's a tad silly having 2007 when most people have 2003 :p

I find 2007 annoying. I know it's probably because it's 'change' but I really don't enjoy using it. Not only is the layout completely different, but it's also a massive fag having to convert all the files. I know its not much, but it does annoy me. Ever since school got 2007 its been a nightmare.

[/rantaboutnewword]

As for this story... part of me thinks someone would've/should've checked. These sort of things always amaze me. How do huge companies like this get into these situations? It should've been checked.

Still, it is mildly amusing.

^^ Furie I do have a correct version of 2003 which I bought. But your probably right that I need to contact them, but since I should be going back to Mac once its fixed/replaced...

The license for Office on a Mac is a joke. They say you can install Office on 3 Macs which I done, but they fail to say only one app can be open on one machine at a time.

Once again Canada does something terrible to the world, First Bryan Adams and then Celine Dion..

marc said:
The license for Office on a Mac is a joke. They say you can install Office on 3 Macs which I done, but they fail to say only one app can be open on one machine at a time.

Huh???

Thats not true - I've also got the multi license on my mac and I can run office simultaneously on every machine I've got it on. I'm on a network, so I have no idea why you're having problems?

Mac's office runs perfectly, even better than on a PC.