What's new

Merlin Sign 5 Year Deal with Marvel

marc

CF Legend
Found this on Screamscape and followed the link. At least it will make use of the area of Madame Tussauds that had nothing there.

http://www.eventmagazine.co.uk/News/Mos ... al-Marvel/

The Incredible Hulk, Wolverine and Spiderman are to find a home at Madame Tussauds after the venue signed a five-year deal with Marvel to bring a three-floor superhero experience to the London venue.
Tussauds owner Merlin Entertainments launches the area in June this year and it will feature 4D animation, interactive themed areas and waxwork figures.

"The new Stardome 4D venue is due to open in June and will provide an exciting additional event space that can be used together as part of the Madame Tussauds and separately as a stand-alone venue complete with the some of the most advanced audiovisual facilities in the capital," said Merlin Entertainments Group general manager for events Michael Aldridge.

Merlin said it will add new elements, including additional character figures, "on a regular basis".

Wow, this is like a win-win situation for both companies. It's great advertising for Marvel's films and comics that are in the pipeline but the popular characters should also bring guests to Tussauds (which is starting to look a bit rubbish now).

I just hope this isn't a pre-mature April fools jokes.

I do know what you mean as I found it strange seeing there is meant to be a problem with Universal and Disney regarding the stuff at IOA.