What's new

Mattel Adventure Park | Glendale Arizona | Theme Park | 2025

Niles

Giga Poster
The new entertainment centre of Crystal Lagoons Island Resort looks to be home to a Mattel theme park, the report below states its set to open 2022.

“The first-of-its-kind Mattel Adventure Park™ will feature branded experiences such as a Hot Wheels® roller coaster and multiple go-karting experiences, a Thomas & Friends™ indoor theme park with the first life-sized Thomas the Tank Engine electric-battery powered passenger train, immersive branded dining, experiential retail, and more.
E3imO2JXEAANUh8

E3imPDcWEAontEg

E3inexqWQAc5AlZ

E3imPdNXMAo_6RN

E3imPu-XMAYxOYi

More Information:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I get country blocks (at work, so no VPN), but from the headline it seems like this has actually broken ground too:

Nothing on RCDB though, so clearly not actually real.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
The rumor mill is already talking about this being a Chance Hyper Looping GTX, which I'm sure that we all wouldn't mind seeing. Vekoma isn't as likely as one might think; they've a very full schedule right now, China and others have been keeping them busy.

I am very much willing to bet money that the Thomas train ride will surely be coming from Chance Rides - concept artwork does clearly show an Electric C.P. Huntington Train - but then again thats is concept artwork. But multi-ride package deals for developing properties are common, so perhaps we'll see a [Looping] GTX. Time will tell. I'm just pulling at straws here.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
The rumor mill is already talking about this being a Chance Hyper Looping GTX... I am very much willing to bet money that the Thomas train ride will surely be coming from Chance Rides - concept artwork does clearly show an Electric C.P. Huntington Train - but then again thats is concept artwork. But multi-ride package deals for developing properties are common, so perhaps we'll see a [Looping] GTX. Time will tell. I'm just pulling at straws here.
Well well well... looks like Dick Chance from Chance Rides was pictured at the June 10 groundbreaking of Mattel Adventure Park... Hyper Looping GTX and the train ride is suddenly much more probable, guys.
203412404_4296751867010652_8393669096744884040_n.jpg
Source; https://www.facebook.com/amusementtoday/photos/pcb.4296762047009634/4296751863677319/

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Triple post, apologies. Some photos were posted to Screamscape showing off the construction of the resort... so far its just the resort building itself that seems to be going up and the actual park is still at square one. The planned late 2022 debut doesn't seem as plausible right now.

Attachments

• db_2022_0306_Construction61.jpg
    db_2022_0306_Construction61.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 41
  • db_2022_0306_Construction51.jpg
    db_2022_0306_Construction51.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 32
  • db_2022_0306_Construction41.jpg
    db_2022_0306_Construction41.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 34
  • db_2022_0306_Construction31.jpg
    db_2022_0306_Construction31.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 35
  • db_2022_0306_Construction21.jpg
    db_2022_0306_Construction21.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 40
  • db_2022_0306_Construction11.jpg
    db_2022_0306_Construction11.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4598.jpg
    IMG_4598.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 93

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Over the last month, Mattel Inc. filed two trademarks with the UPSTO, as per a tip from Screamscape.

MATTEL ADVENTURE PARK - intended for parks in general, filed April 28, #97386055
FF6A55B1-18C5-49BF-BE01-F87ADCB21757.jpeg

HOT WHEELS UNLEASHED - specifically intended for an amusement ride (cough cough Chance hyper looping GTX), filed May 5, #97396563
55AC40A5-19CD-4B8F-9D93-EB50A7654AEC.jpeg

Indy

Hyper Poster
It's nice to see some sort of news about the project. It's been incredibly quiet for a park that is supposed to open this fall.

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
Thats right, stuff has been unusually silent, and by now I can't see 'em finishing their rides in time with no footers or track pieces arrivin' yet, And also it sure is about time for such a big metro area of Phoenix to get a family park! I think this will be the equivalent of Legoland for the Arizonians... with a tad more extreme ride at the front

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Not that silent as of late. During the recent Licensing Expo 2022 in Las Vegas, the park announced several brands to be included as experiences. We'll be receiving the following when it opens during Q1 2023;
  • Barbie Beach House - will include a flying theatre
  • UNO climbing structure
  • 9-hole mini gold themed to various board games
  • Masters of the Universe 4,500+ sq. ft. laser tag arena outfitted as Castle Grayskull
  • The previously confirmed Hot Wheels coasters + go-karts and the Thomas & Friends indoor park
Here's some new concept artwork and a live camera view of the site;
628bedeae3b88c167bd682da_map-image.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 4.36.28 PM.png
Livestream; https://www.matteladventurepark.com

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Track has begun arriving for the Chance coasters at Mattel Park, you can kind of see them in this video here;

This isn't ideal footage, but I've also gotten access to some VERY confidential images from the construction site. I can tell you that the black track is indoor portions for both coasters, the wider gauge of which will be the launched Hot Wheels coaster (almost certainly receiving a different name). The layout track for that one hasn't arrived on site yet but as seen in the video it'll be extremely reminiscent of Vekoma's earlier launch coasters, a la MK-1200 track gauge. This is Chance's first launch coaster and so far the design looks quite primitive compared to the stuff being produced by other manufacturers. The family coaster meanwhile will be light blue outdoors, same hardware as Slime Streak at American Dream.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Track has begun arriving for the Chance coasters at Mattel Park, you can kind of see them in this video here;

This isn't ideal footage, but I've also gotten access to some VERY confidential images from the construction site. I can tell you that the black track is indoor portions for both coasters, the wider gauge of which will be the launched Hot Wheels coaster (almost certainly receiving a different name). The layout track for that one hasn't arrived on site yet but as seen in the video it'll be extremely reminiscent of Vekoma's earlier launch coasters, a la MK-1200 track gauge. This is Chance's first launch coaster and so far the design looks quite primitive compared to the stuff being produced by other manufacturers. The family coaster meanwhile will be light blue outdoors, same hardware as Slime Streak at American Dream.
Wait it's launched? I thought it was gonna be an inverting GTX with a lift hill?

Ethan

Strata Poster
How cheap do you reckon they're buying the launch coaster for? I imagine they must have got a good price, because if I wanted a launch coaster, I wouldn't have given Chance... a chance.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
How cheap do you reckon they're buying the launch coaster for? I imagine they must have got a good price, because if I wanted a launch coaster, I wouldn't have given Chance... a chance.
Chance aint a bad manufacturer at all. Yes, they're most famous for their Carousels a Chaos flat rides, but they've also made some absolute kick-ass hyper coasters. I think it'll go down really well.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Chance aint a bad manufacturer at all. Yes, they're most famous for their Carousels a Chaos flat rides, but they've also made some absolute kick-ass hyper coasters. I think it'll go down really well.
I have some reservations about Chance’s involvement, on two points. One, this is Chance’s first launched coaster. They’ve had absolutely no experience prior with the concept nor have they advertised any launch systems on the market.
That is made even more obvious in the second point, which is the hardware. So far Chance has manufactured and delivered just the launch track section of Hot Wheels. The train chassis will grip the rails from the inside, as expected, but onsite images seem to almost suggest a flywheel launch.
Call me crazy, since its legit only been used on two coaster models, but that wouldn't compete with other products. I'm not permitted to share a full image so here's a cropped photo attached, see what you can make of it;

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 2.25.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 2.25.02 PM.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 71