What's new

Manta- B&M Flyer for SWO opening May 22

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
If they did it with Dueling Dragons, why wouldn't they do it with Manta?

These trains will be incredible.

lakeccrunner

Mega Poster
I assume also, since it's shown in the concept art, that it will have an area where the edge of the train skims the water, or is that added just for effect? That's going to be amazing if it does though, being that close to the water...

scan

Mega Poster
looks awsome, also looks like a full scale manta ray model will be the stabalising car at the front.

scotlandrulz

Roller Poster
Manta has started construction. I would have took a photo but never had a camera on me at the time (darn!). there is a huge area, and it will be no more than 150 metres away from JTA and Kraken. All rides will be in the same area. There was a sign on the construction walls reading something similar to "Manta, coming in 2009". So yes construction began a few weeks back.

A

Anonymous

ftcoaster127.jpg

Enjoy! :)

scan

Mega Poster
If i am not mistaken, this will be the first flyer to be built in 3 years when it opens following the construction of tatsu. PLease correct me if I am wrong

scan

Mega Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
Incredible. You've discovered the functions of an RCDB search.

Crystal Wings opened the same year as Tatsu.

No I just thought tatsu was the newest and then calculated it

Mike T

Mega Poster
I was at SeaWorld last Monday and visited the B&M fabrication factory on Friday morning. There's absolutely no steel on site at the Manta parcel, but I do believe that they have begun fabricating the first pieces after what I saw on Friday. The pieces I saw were pure white, but I believe that's the primer and not the actual coat that guests will see. (Dive Machine tracks were still on site, and Kings Island's tracks were in bundles ready to be shipped to the park).

There's still a bit of uncertainty on the color of the coaster, and I certainly hope these things get cleared up eventually by the park; but from what I've seen, the attraction is not only going to be bigger than I originally expected, but it's progressed so much in the last 3 months.

A

Anonymous

From concept art and different articles this seems like it will be a really neat coaster.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
When I first heard about this coaster being mentioned I imagined a tame flyer like Air at Alton Towers but better themed but it seems like its gona be a really great ride with quality themeing....

Snoo

The Legend
Ahh.. blue makes a comeback. I haven't really seen any sexy blues out there since Millennium Force came out.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Frustrating that it's plans are posted, but that we can't see them...
Here
Well, that blue looks great as a standalone colour, and with a bit of themeing, the result should be absolutely beautiful. And with a height of about 50 meters, it will be a quite big coaster.

And Snoo, Speed Monster and Kanonen both have the same colour scheme as Millennium Force.