What's new

Man Skates down Mammut at Tripsdrill!

Emmett

Giga Poster
Does he get the credit :?: .

It does looks amazing and some nice photos in the slideshow. I wonder if he could adapt the skates to fit any other wooden tracks.

Ollie

CF Legend
marc said:
its probably more fun than the coaster :)
What are you on about? Mammut was awesome. It was super smooth and had a nice twisty layout with some really good headchoppers.
It seems pretty cool what this guy did. Must be hard to stay still going round and I'm surprised he had enough speed and weight on his own to make it round the full layout.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I think having upstop wheels on your skates is cheating. I'm going to strap my legs tightly into El Toro, stand up and claim the coaster train is a set of "modified skates" and get the record :roll: :p

marc

CF Legend
I want to know what they are building next to the other coaster.

Silly me thats and old attempt.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Has anybody elses work colleagues handed you EVERY single newspaper that has this in and asking "did you see that bloke skating down that roller coaster" when you're at the water cooler/photocopier/other?

Mark

Strata Poster
Why is that exactly Jordan?

I'd love to have a go. Would certainly enjoy it a lot more then I did the actual coaster last year, which was a rather uninteresting affair.

nadroJ

CF Legend
It's just another ridiculous thing to do, like those water slide acrobats. I just don't see the point in it. To me it's just stupid, but I can see why people would find it entertaining etc.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Its an original idea plus it gets the skater and the park a bit of free publicity from all the media covering the story. I'm sure he has skated on everything already so its just a new idea/challenge he came up with.

Jools

Giga Poster
1 vote for him to get a proper job :p

I also thinkings it's like cheating with the upstop wheels on!
But I think he should try it on Colossus, that'll age him!

Did he get the credit :?:
<<<LOL!

clecktown

Roller Poster
This reminds me a bit of that F1 car on The Big One a few years ago, except this is a bit more hands on!
Looks awesome.

wash

Mega Poster
Wow, that looks really uncomfortable. Just imagine what would happen if he were to fall over.