What's new

Man dies on Black Mamba

RCF

Strata Poster
According to Screamscape, which found the news in this news article, a 48 year old man died while riding Black Mamba at Phantasia Land. Apparently he got on the ride fine, but when the train came back in the station he was lifeless and they were unable to revive him. Thoughts go out to the family.

Ollie

CF Legend
Did he get the credit even though he died before the end? :p
But still it's sad. I wonder if it was due to the forces of the coaster or if he had something wrong with his body he didn't know about and the coaster was just enough to make it fatal.

nadroJ

CF Legend
That is really ****, imagine, having a lovely day at an awesome park then something like this happens =[ Really depressing.

Hope he managed to ride Mystery Castle before that fateful ride on Mamba though.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ollie said:
But still it's sad. I wonder if it was due to the forces of the coaster or if he had something wrong with his body he didn't know about and the coaster was just enough to make it fatal.
It was almost certainly an underlying condition that was brought to an extreme under the forces/adrenline. It always is with these things.

My thoughts actually go to the other guests queuing up, the guests sat next to him and the ride-ops. Must be one hell of a traumatic thing to see.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Could have died of old age waiting for those slow as all **** ride ops to actually do their job.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Hixee said:
My thoughts actually go to the other guests queuing up, the guests sat next to him and the ride-ops. Must be one hell of a traumatic thing to see.

Just wanted to second this point!

The trauma will be wider than just the family. I've not ridden Mamba, but I guess we're talking usual invert forces of 4.5g. I guess you can have something wrong with you without knowing and it could happen on nearly any coaster. Just goes to show that us enthusiasts should have regular check-ups!!

^ Well, anyone should have regular check ups really.

Always tragic for someone to die at a theme park, especially when the family is out enjoying a nice day and then something like this happens so suddenly with no time to prepare. And I agree with Hix, had to have been traumatic for everyone surrounding him as well.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Could have been any number of things. Most likely it was A Series of Unfortunate Events that lead up to his death... Lack of blood/oxygen to brain, cardiac arrest ,ect. ect. rather than just one single thing. Bodies tend to have redundancies...

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
It could be a fun way to die.
But my thoughts go out to his family, the people on the coaster at the time and the ride operators.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^It could, but I really doubt it. I'd be surprised if his dead was instantaneous, and just imagine the panic that would set in as you realised you were having a heart attack (or whatever) and couldn't get out of the seat. I think it would actually be quite awful.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Agreed. I was just thinking of the thoughts that potentially could have gone through his mind, as the light was slowly fading away.