What's new

Mako vs Shambhala

Mako or Shambhala?

• Total voters

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Sorry if there's a topic like this, but I just wanted to ask for your opinions on this matter. Basically, Mako at SeaWorld is currently my number 1 coaster, so I was interested to see how it compared with Shambhala at PortAventura, as it is another B&M hyper in another British tourist destination. Now, the vast majority of people who've ridden both say that Mako is far inferior to Shambhala, but I have heard 1 or 2 say that Mako is better, so I'm undecided. Now, Shambhala does top Mako in most of the major stats; it is 249ft tall compared with Mako's 200ft, it reaches 83mph compared with Mako's 73mph and it is 5131ft long compared with Mako's 4760ft. I personally think that Mako is a stunning ride, but I can't quite decide whether Shambhala looks better or not from not having ridden. I would be interested to hear some of your thoughts.
P.S. Sorry if this is a stupid topic. Also, if they wouldn't mind, could someone please move this to the This vs That subforum, as I couldn't seem to be able to post a thread there.

Pear

Strata Poster
Haven't ridden either of them so I can't say for sure. I think I'd prefer Shambhala as it's taller and longer, but I have heard great things about Mako.

I should be riding Mako in a month though.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I've heard Shambhala has gone a bit turd, but my ride in 2014 was simply brilliant. I really liked Mako, but Shambhala just has more to it. I think riding it again would knock it down my rankings since, as time has passed, the floater airtime on B&M Hypers just cannot compete to newer coasters' airtime. Riding Goliath SFOG after Twisted Cyclone always felt like a downgrade.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I wasn't entirely sold on Shambhala's hype in June, but I'm writing it off as the kind of ride I wouldn't usually go mad for. That goes for all B&M hypers/gigas tbh, but I've only done two.