What's new

Mack Rides Launch Coaster or Intamin Blitz Coaster?

Mack Rides Launch Coaster or Intamin Blitz Coaster?

• Total voters

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. The multi-launch coaster is becoming an increasingly popular genre of roller coaster, and two of the main players in this market are Mack Rides and Intamin. Mack Rides’ Launch Coaster and Intamin’s Blitz Coaster are two models that are frequently compared to one another; they have many similarities, but they also have many differences. So I’d be keen to know; do you prefer Mack Rides’ Launch Coaster or Intamin’s Blitz Coaster?

I probably don’t come from the fairest position, seeing as I’ve done 3 Mack launch coasters (Icon, Blue Fire and Slinky Dog Dash) and only 1 Intamin Blitz Coaster (Cheetah Hunt), but of the rides I’ve done from both models, I have to say that I’d vote for the Mack Rides Launch Coaster. All 3 of the ones I’ve done have had such a great sense of fun about them, and are beautifully smooth and comfortable experiences!

But which of these two models do you prefer?

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
If by ‘Intimin Blitz’ we are including the other Intimin models that are broadly equivalent to the likes of Blue Fire and Icon….. then Maverick, VelociCoaster and Taron absolutely obliterate their Mack equivalents.

I’d be surprised if there was anyone who has ridden the rides that I expressly mention above and thought otherwise.

Matt N

CF Legend
If by ‘Intimin Blitz’ we are including the other Intimin models that are broadly equivalent to the likes of Blue Fire and Icon….. then Maverick, VelociCoaster and Taron absolutely obliterate their Mack equivalents.

I’d be surprised if there was anyone who has ridden the rides that I expressly mention above and thought otherwise.
Yes, I was including all of Intamin’s “LSM Launch Coaster”s, so everything from Maverick to VelociCoaster!

I was interested to know because I’ve previously heard Helix described as “undeniably the world’s best multi launch coaster” (or better than Taron and Maverick, at least; I’m not sure whether that statement would still hold post-VelociCoaster), and I know RTH seems to be getting very warm reception at present.

There also seems to be a not insignificant number of well travelled enthusiasts who find Intamin to be criminally overrated, and don’t rate even the likes of Hyperion and Taron that highly.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
@Matt N - I did overlook Helix, you’re right to point that out, although I’m not sure you could include the extreme spinners in a like-for-like comparison (nor Hyperion for that matter, which is a different kettle of fish).

I haven’t ridden Helix so can’t really speak on that one - but my perception is that it probably the best of the Mack cohort by a margin.

Taron is hovering just outside of my top 20. It’s fun but far from my favourite.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Helix and Ride to Happiness are both in my overall Top 3.
The nearest Intamin Blitz is Taron waaay down in the mid teens somewhere.
Mack for me.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Mack.

VelociCoaster brought Intamin more into the conversation (and I'm sure Pantheon does the same), but Helix is so far ahead of the rest of the Intamin competition for me. I also love the oddities of Copperhead Strike. The strange mix of hangtime and ejector air just hits the spot. And then Blue Fire is just an all-round solid coaster. Even Manta is better than what it should be.

Furyous Baco 325

Roller Poster
I’ve only done one of each, so I don’t exactly have a wide viewpoint, but Pantheon is superior to Copperhead Strike so Intamin gets my vote.
They both use every inch of the track and leave nothing untouched but Pantheon has the sense of speed, giant outerbank, and spike that Copperhead can’t match.