What's new

Luna Park NYC June 5th 2022

Skyye

Mega Poster
This past week, I was on a trip to NYC with my high school choir and band, which included a three hour visit to Luna Park. Unfortunately, I was not able to go to Deno's wonderwheel park, since it wasn't included in my wristband and since I didn't have much time. This also means that there won't be many photos in this trip report.

1: Cyclone (cred 70, row 7)

This was a lot more intense than what I was thinking, especially since it was built in the 1920s. The single position lap bar meant that I got hella airtime going over some of the hills and dropping down from some of the turnarounds. The one small problem I had was that the cushioned seats made it hard for me to sit comfortably since I am tall. It also has the most heavily padded lapbars I have ever seen.

2: Soarin Eagle (cred 71)

This is really the only coaster here that I didn't like. The restraints seemed to dig into my shoulders a bit, and every inversion made it worse. Thankfully it is a short ride, but I definitely won't be reriding this if I go back.

3: Thunderbolt (row 2, cred 72)

I love this ride, it was a lot more intense and whippy than Rollin thunder at OWA in my opinion. Aside from the vertical loop, each inversion threw me out of my seat violently, and each hill gave me the same treatment. I don't understand why they have the loose ots seatbelt-like things, because those were loose during the whole ride, essentially leaving me with just a lapbar. Easily the best in the park, with cyclone being number 2.

Food: Nathan's chili cheese dog with fries

4: Circus Coaster (cred 73, row 6)

Small, almost kiddie coaster, and I was honestly surprised that I could fit in it with how tall I am. They did send us around twice, which was cool.

5: The Tickler (cred 74)

I was able to get a surprisingly good spin on this ride. The spinning started earlier than I had expected, which was after the first 180 turn after the lift. Unfortunately, the breaks slowed us to a full stop about halfway through the ride, however the rest of the ride was still fun, with the final bunnyhop giving slight airtime.

6: Cyclone, at night (row 9)

I preferred this ride on cyclone over the previous one. Since I sat farther in the back, I got strong airtime and strong laterals, and the night ride was surprisingly pretty good too.

My personal in park rankings go as follows:

1: Thunderbolt
2: Cyclone
3: Tickler
4: Circus Coaster
5: Soarin Eagle (yes I dislike it that much)

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Absolutely a-okay to put the Volares at the bottom of any list - they're one of the most hateful contraptions ever created.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
This past week, I was on a trip to NYC with my high school choir and band, which included a three hour visit to Luna Park. Unfortunately, I was not able to go to Deno's wonderwheel park, since it wasn't included in my wristband and since I didn't have much time. This also means that there won't be many photos in this trip report.

1: Cyclone (cred 70, row 7)

This was a lot more intense than what I was thinking, especially since it was built in the 1920s. The single position lap bar meant that I got hella airtime going over some of the hills and dropping down from some of the turnarounds. The one small problem I had was that the cushioned seats made it hard for me to sit comfortably since I am tall. It also has the most heavily padded lapbars I have ever seen.

2: Soarin Eagle (cred 71)

This is really the only coaster here that I didn't like. The restraints seemed to dig into my shoulders a bit, and every inversion made it worse. Thankfully it is a short ride, but I definitely won't be reriding this if I go back.

3: Thunderbolt (row 2, cred 72)

I love this ride, it was a lot more intense and whippy than Rollin thunder at OWA in my opinion. Aside from the vertical loop, each inversion threw me out of my seat violently, and each hill gave me the same treatment. I don't understand why they have the loose ots seatbelt-like things, because those were loose during the whole ride, essentially leaving me with just a lapbar. Easily the best in the park, with cyclone being number 2.

Food: Nathan's chili cheese dog with fries

4: Circus Coaster (cred 73, row 6)

Small, almost kiddie coaster, and I was honestly surprised that I could fit in it with how tall I am. They did send us around twice, which was cool.

5: The Tickler (cred 74)

I was able to get a surprisingly good spin on this ride. The spinning started earlier than I had expected, which was after the first 180 turn after the lift. Unfortunately, the breaks slowed us to a full stop about halfway through the ride, however the rest of the ride was still fun, with the final bunnyhop giving slight airtime.

6: Cyclone, at night (row 9)

I preferred this ride on cyclone over the previous one. Since I sat farther in the back, I got strong airtime and strong laterals, and the night ride was surprisingly pretty good too.

My personal in park rankings go as follows:

1: Thunderbolt
2: Cyclone
3: Tickler
4: Circus Coaster
5: Soarin Eagle (yes I dislike it that much)

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
And Soarin’ Eagle is, imo, by FAR the best Volare out there, so imagine what the others are like! 😂

I enjoyed hearing your reactions. For me, the Cyclone is easily the king of the park, but I like Thunderbolt and understand your ratings.