What's new

Lotte World Adventure Busan New Opening Weekend Visit and more

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
After a 10-month delay and lots of rumor posts, Lotte World Busan has finally opened to public on Mar. 31th.
Though reservation is required until Apr. 10th, I got to grab a ticket.
But, due to my personal affair, I got to visit at night (6:30 PM ~ 9:00 PM park closing)

Taking the metro from my home, I arrived at 6:20 at Osiria Station (Donghae Line)

Just a crossing, and one walk up the hill leads me to a park.

Group Entrance

Now here I come !!!

As soon as I enter, I can see Ogre's Flume (which was not completed) and Giant Splash.

The first ride I took was Giant Swing (자이언트 스윙). Zamperla giant discovery.
The queue was well themed, and there was 1 or no wait because not many guests were waiting.
Yayyyy walk~on

The pendulum looked much bigger than a normal frisbee, and the sheer size of the swing impressed me.
The ride was a total walk-on, so I rode that twice.
It was much bigger than other frisbee rides in Korea. At the top, with the airtime, I saw the ocean nearby.
The speed at the bottom was insane. and the closeness of Giant Swing and Giant Digger also made me feel these two are colliding.
8/10

Next up is Giant Digger (자이언트 디거), 2 times a modified and mirrored version of Europa's Blue Fire
I had 1 front seat ride and 4 back seat ride in total.
rock themed queue

The storyline of this ride is Lorry (mascot of Lotte World) and Ogre are on the way to excavate gems in "Under land" and they need to ride the mine train and go deeper and deeper to underground. The pre-show shows that and two characters disappear, and the train suddenly launches after 4 seconds.
The launch was pretty strong. Atlantis' launch felt weak at first and goes stronger, but Giant Digger's launch felt strong at first and then accelerates.
The first hill gave me an hang time, and the loop was pretty standard, but the sudden turn after the loop whipped me, and I was surprised.
Then the train hits MCBR, but does not decelerate, and it suddenly drops. Back seat was pulled over and got a fresh air.
Then the train goes to Twisted Horseshoe Roll, which whipped me left and right while on back. It was very whippy and fun.
After the strong off-axis airtime hill, the train finally goes to Inline Twist. It whipped me on the left, and made me float out of my seat for about 3 seconds. Then the train hit brake.
It totally felt like Phaethon with a launch. The ride has great pacing, and whippy elements, and it is totally fun. Though it's not as thrilling as a Draken level, or not as intense as Atlantis level, I can promise that this ride still packs a punch. Forceful and fun ride. 8.75/10
Nice! Walk-on

Next up is Giant Splash. a Mack Power Splash 2 times (wait : walk-on)
Bought a KRW 3000 poncho, and queued, and actually there was only me and another group.
So I got row 1 alone, not to know the result of the ride.

The shuttle launch was pretty great, and an airtime in the middle was very fun. At the top, the train slightly levels out, but I found that its purpose is to cause airtime while dropping. And the splash..... Though I wore poncho, I got my shirt wet and my hair all wet.
I dried myself and my poncho, and re-ride time. I saw a person riding ROW 1 WITHOUT PONCHO.
I was afraid of being wet as the weather was 15C, I rode row 5.
Now it was pretty short ride, and wet made me a bit mad, so 7/10. But in hot summer, It might become 9/10. Great ride.

Next I tried to rode Swan Lake but the line was cut in front of me. I did not want to wait another cycle, so I moved to another ride.

Fantastic Fountain, a spinning swing ride.
It was pretty mild and fun. The feature of the swing moving upward and downward gave me a bit of weightlessness, and it was pretty fun. 6/10

Lotty's Magic Forest Parade
Before the parade, I rode Giant Swing without any wait, and saw the parade starting while swinging.
The music and giant float car was great.

While parade, I rode Mysterious Cookie Train , a Gerstlauer-ish family coaster. It's located in Joyful Meadow, a family zone.
It was full of turns and helixs.
The storyline of the coaster is the progress of making a cookie. Weird lolol
The train also looked like a cookie, and the ride op acted cute.
The ride itself was a mild fun. Full of turns that packs a punch. Great breather ride besides 3 intense rides.
7/10
and the light package

I decided my LROT as Giant Digger. 30 min left, and I tried to ride 3 times.
Yes. 3 back seat ride. and it was very fast paced and fun.
And the ops were pretty great, and they never stacked any train, and dispatched the train every 1:45.
Wait time 1 min, which was REAL.
Took the last Giant Digger train of the day, and that was my day.
"Today's operation was ended" :(
It was 20:45, which was the time that all ride operation is ended. So the last guest entry time was 5~10 min earlier than that. BEWARE.

I did not wanted to exit the park, and walked along the park, Seeing the Lorry Castle.
The ride op was closing the ride.
The bumper car I did not rode due to 30+ wait. Giant Digger instead !!

Lorry's castle

Talking tree. It actually acts with animatronics.

OGRE's FLUME, a spited ride today. It's still testing.

After the operation, the light started to be turned off.
I felt I don't want to go out.

Goodbye See You Later, Lotte World

Overview

Giant Digger X5 (1 front 4 back. Actually a back seat coaster, I think)
Giant Splash X2 (1 front 1 back. WET)
Giant Swing X3
Mysterious Cookie Train X1 (very back)
Fantastic Fountatin X1
= 12 rides in only 2.5 hrs.

due to only 6000 tickets per day pre-reservation poilcy and NO after 4 ticket guest policy until Apr 10th, the park was pretty empty at night, Even the star attraction Giant Digger waited for the guest.
So It was my best ever day at any theme park in my life. Though the duration of visit was short, I got the most ride per hour. Very efficient.
Besides the rides, the theming and stylization of every ride was wonderful. Giant Digger's queue felt like mine, and Giant Swing felt like I was to move the big machine to go to the mine. The park atmosphere is packed and beautiful. I felt like I was in a different world. An happy and perfect day. 10/10. I'm very glad to get a new home park in just an hour from my home. And the ride lineup is also satisfactory.

This park needs some expansion and addition of the ride. The big ride that adult can go are only 4. 3 Giant rides and a Ogre's flume. I'll expect one more big coaster in 5 years. And the magicpass pre reservation not available was a meh part of this park. Seoul Lotte can pre-reserve magicpass premium, but Busan isn't.
And the Skyline Luge, please TURN OFF THE LIGHT after the operation. It really ruins the castle view.
With these feedback, I'm willing to revisit.

Likes and Comments help me make more great contents. Thank you for watching my TR.

Matt N

CF Legend
Great report @Y. Kim; really appreciate the coverage from a park/region that isn’t as frequently covered on CF!

I’ve got to say, the park looks stunning! Is surprisingly excellent theming a trend in new Asian parks, as I’ve noticed that a number of the ones that have opened recently or are being built appear to have absolutely stunning theming, if the pictures are anything to go off of?

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
Great report @Y. Kim; really appreciate the coverage from a park/region that isn’t as frequently covered on CF!

I’ve got to say, the park looks stunning! Is surprisingly excellent theming a trend in new Asian parks, as I’ve noticed that a number of the ones that have opened recently or are being built appear to have absolutely stunning theming, if the pictures are anything to go off of?
Found 2. Gemstone Dining's sign was also themed to a storyline of Underland. That dining place was storylined for the Underland's miners' eating place. Understanding the story line is very important to enjoy the theming.

20220403_201619.jpg
The axis of that swing ride looks like a gear. Actually that gear is necessary for operating mine excavation machin

Or the Mysterious Cookie Train's queue was themed to cookie factory, and the train itself shows how cookie is baked from row 1 to row 10.

Attachments

• 20220403_201026.jpg
    20220403_201026.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220403_183500.jpg
    20220403_183500.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 5

Justin2000

Mega Poster
yep. Legacy ent leaked the plan. Originally, that coaster was to be made behind the castle, but it was delayed.

RC restaurant is currently under construction.
Admission is 1-day pass KRW 47,000 and After-4 KRW 33,000

Thank You!!!! It's weird that the park doesn't have a website currently.

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
This time, my 2nd visit to Lotte World Busan.
Because it was one day before Children's day and there were many schools visiting this park, it was WAY TOO BUSY until 4.
But guess what? I'd enjoy myself.
20220504_122822.jpg
Entered at noon.
20220504_215035.jpg
Oh My gosh. 160 min wait for Giant Swing...
So, I headed to Giant Digger, and it was a 100 min wait, which turned out to be 85 min wait.
20220504_171514.jpg

Row 9, my favorite row. after waiting 1.5 hrs... Way too busy day,
VideoCapture_20220504-133356.jpg
The coaster was very fun, with lots of whips and sudden airtimes. The rolls gave me a great whip.

Next up, Magic Forest Parade daytime version.
Last visit, I did not see the parade well, so I decided to do it this visit.

Next, Giant Swing, with 130 min wait, which turned out to be 100 min wait.
If that queue house is filled, that means 240+ min wait. On weekends, it usually results in 3+ hrs wait.
After the swing, it was 4PM. Many school groups have quitted. YEAH!
Just one 30min wait on Giant Digger, I got a front seat. The wind was great.
Next up is Giant Splash two times. both row 5.
Then, until the night parade, I rode Giant Digger 3 more times, each was all 15 min wait.

The highlight of the day, Lottie's Magic Forest Parade Night Version
Video I filmed
Many lyrics are in English, so many of the parade will be understandable for you.
1651763295441.png

It was incredible! The actors, the song, the light, the float cars, the fan service characters did.
The parade at night was the most memorable part of the day.
On the production 2 (EDM song) the song and the actor were very vigorous and happy, so I was also happy and excited. So the screen is shaking a bit.

After the parade, I rode Swan Lake that I missed last time.

Though I did not ride as much as last reserve-only visit, the parade experience was very memorable.
Giant Digger 5 times
Giant Swing once
Giant Splash twice
Swan Lake once
Total 9 rides+2 parades in 8 hr visit.
Still the day was very happy and fulfilled thanks to the parade.

Attachments

• 20220504_140348.jpg
    20220504_140348.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 2