What's new

Lost Island Theme Park | Iowa | 2022 (Kanonen relocation)

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
Well "leaky" what we have here. To seek out some more information, I decided to ask Interlink (used ride online store) about it, and what could they have said?
Look at Interlink - http://www.interlink-lg.com/occasion.htm It's at the very bottom as "Hydraulic Family Launch Coaster"
thumb_kanonen_for_sale.jpg

Let the speculation begin!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
You are right. The ride has been sold. And I promise you will be surprised as to where :)
It may not be the best received ride in the world but it will be a really really good addition for where it is going.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Wait, not well received? I liked it better than Rita, Stealth, Speed Monster, Baco, Ka... And Dragster!
So pretty much Storm Runner and Xcelerator are the only two I've ridden I liked more! That being said, let's hope it ends up at Fun Spot!

TilenB

Strata Poster
You are right. The ride has been sold. And I promise you will be surprised as to where :)
It may not be the best received ride in the world but it will be a really really good addition for where it is going.
Hopefully (for entirely selfish reasons) it will stay in Europe. I still need the cred. :D
But as long as it stays out of Brasil (where major parks seem to be buying coasters for their storage sheds, rather than to build them), everything should be fine.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Intrigued.

Well I hope some small park somewhere gets a nice boost from adding this as their first "major" coaster. As enthusiasts that's always satisfying to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I bet it's Drayton 2018...

Don't be such a tease Roomraider. ;)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Just tell us the country at least. Or even the continent? What year is it opening in?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Ughhhh. I really shouldn't post when I've crawled in from a night out completely legless. I sound like a right spanner.
If anyone sees last night be give me a slap please.

It's off to the states from what I've seen. Still working on confirming the park though i have a decent idea.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Isnt Kentucky Kingdom supposed to be adding in another coaster between the 2018 and 2020 season basrd off their initial plans? Id guess there as it would give them back their launched coaster and standard looper that isnt their SLC.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Isnt Kentucky Kingdom supposed to be adding in another coaster between the 2018 and 2020 season basrd off their initial plans? Id guess there as it would give them back their launched coaster and standard looper that isnt their SLC.

That actually would be a great fit - but I heard that Ed Hart doesn't like launch coasters...

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Michigan Adventures? Valleyfair? Worlds of Fun? Cedar Fair did spend time in Europe picking up some flat rides... maybe they picked up a coaster on the way! Haha
But again, I still vote for Fun Spot!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Dorney has a regular used-rides-row now between Stinger, Possessed, and Demon Drop.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Dorney is like Six Flags America in that all their used rides come from other parks in the chain. I don't see this going there, but I wouldn't mind seeing it in Maryland.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Any update on that location, roomraider?

Just gonna throw it out there and make a crazy prediction: Adventuredome.