What's new

Lost Island Theme Park | Iowa | 2022 (Kanonen relocation)

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
No Matugani this year.
https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/wl9zmm
uejgeeuwjyg91.jpg

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
No marketing, no opening date for a good while into 2022, and apparently the parking sucked.
Hope the parks just admit this was a test run and uses 2023 as a chance to go full force. Looks like a damn good park, and will be looking at going in 2023.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Why is this tropical island themed park not investing in foliage?? Looks so awful right now.
To me it looks like they've planted some the issue of course being that foliage doesn't grow to full size in a month. But granted, looks like there's areas they could plant more in where I don't see any saplings.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Because it snows there in winter so it never looks 'right'.

That would stop most theme parks having 'warm' themed areas though if that was the case - European parks still have Wild West and African themed areas despite getting snow in winter (Eg Phantasialand).
Surely they could do artificial foliage and themed landscaping - but perhaps they don't have enough money or don't want to spend it...

cookie

Giga Poster
Unpopular opinion but I actually like the hard plastic restraints - the shoulder bits don't come into contact with my body at all.
I prefer the hard straps too. They’re far less restrictive for someone with broad shoulders and are easier on the neck as long as you don’t hurl into them. The way the soft straps constantly graze your sides (on top of being rather thick and heavy for what’s supposed to be belt straps) I’ve never been a fan of.

Last edited:

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
Unpopular opinion but I actually like the hard plastic restraints - the shoulder bits don't come into contact with my body at all.
I don't personally but that's because i'm 6ft4 😂 my shoulders slam into them a lot on Rita i find and there's a little bit of painful contact on Stealth

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
I really didn't enjoy the ride when it was at Liseberg. It was incredibly rough as soon as you rounded the top-hat, so I hope that's been sorted out - it is pretty much the park's premier draw so it needs to be pretty good.