What's new

Lost Island Theme Park | Iowa | 2022 (Kanonen relocation)

Twisterfan1995

Roller Poster
Oh wow they had a decent sized queue building for it. Shame they lost it. Hopefully they can get a replacement control box from Interlink relatively quickly.

Good news is that the park is still on track for a soft opening in May/June at least.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Various updates regarding the park and its attractions;
  • A full rides list has finally been put up. The SLC will be named Nopuko Air Coaster (No Puke) and the Wacky Worm as Lokolo
  • Matugani/Greenonen will operate with a 56" minimum height requirement, which to my knowledge is the highest for a US coaster and second highest in North America behind Mindbenders 59" at Galaxyland. During its time at Liseberg, the coaster had a 140 cm / 55" requirement.
  • The official interactive park app is now out and available for download (Lost Island Adventure Guide). So far it appears well-constructed and unchallenging to use.
  • The park is working to secure replacement pieces for the Yuta Falls hardware, which was affected by the fire earlier this month. The actual ride itself is still intact and they haven't ruled out a late summer debut yet. There's been conflicting stories from park reps about whether they would be able to get it opened this year or not, so we shall see.
  • Work has recently finished up inside of the Volkanu dark ride, which seems to be their crown jewel and most extensive ride project. Now imagine if the fire had occurred here!
Udara_Nopuko_SLC_1000x650.jpg

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
Various updates regarding the park and its attractions;
  • A full rides list has finally been put up. The SLC will be named Nopuko Air Coaster (No Puke) and the Wacky Worm as Lokolo
  • Matugani/Greenonen will operate with a 56" minimum height requirement, which to my knowledge is the highest for a US coaster and second highest in North America behind Mindbenders 59" at Galaxyland. During its time at Liseberg, the coaster had a 140 cm / 55" requirement.
  • The official interactive park app is now out and available for download (Lost Island Adventure Guide). So far it appears well-constructed and unchallenging to use.
  • The park is working to secure replacement pieces for the Yuta Falls hardware, which was affected by the fire earlier this month. The actual ride itself is still intact and they haven't ruled out a late summer debut yet. There's been conflicting stories from park reps about whether they would be able to get it opened this year or not, so we shall see.
  • Work has recently finished up inside of the Volkanu dark ride, which seems to be their crown jewel and most extensive ride project. Now imagine if the fire had occurred here!
View attachment 16910
What is up with the names of these rides tho... is Lost Island themed to Africa, cuz the "How To Create African Names" handbook is just replacing c's with k's and putting a vowel in the end of your word... try that with most words, bam you got an African theme

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
What is up with the names of these rides tho... is Lost Island themed to Africa, cuz the "How To Create African Names" handbook is just replacing c's with k's and putting a vowel in the end of your word... try that with most words, bam you got an African theme
Polynesia, not Africa

In other news, here’s a construction tour with some bonus footage inside of the Volkanu building;

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I was saying the same to a friend the other day and got snapped at for it. But to be fair, grass and trees can go down pretty quick at the end (even if it takes a few seasons to actually fill in)
I'm more offended, still, by the solid color Kanonen, ew. Also, the black fences around the kiddie rides seems pretty bad. I get that you need a safe buffer zone but still, eh

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
More images of Kanonen!

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Source:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/596293298126229/permalink/667461211009437/

Last edited:

Gazza

Giga Poster
Does it bother anyone else that they have given EVERY ride here some faux tribal name. They all just clash and I feel like I literally couldn't determine from a list of ride names what is what.