What's new

Looking for some Holiday World images...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I was watching a documentary or a TV special a while back that showcased Holiday World and they briefly showed a discarded iteration of Thunderbird. That particular revision had a lift with a wing over dive instead of a launch and an extra immelmann or two. Does anybody happen to know what video/TV show/documentary this was shown in or has anybody seen this rendering in passing?

In addition to this rendering, I recall seeing a chart depicting all of Voyage's airtime moments back when the ride was announced. I can find one low resolution copy in an image search, but the links to the ride's announcement page on internet archive are dead. Would anybody happen to have a high resolution copy of this rendering?

Pear

Strata Poster
@Antinos are you referring to this image of the old B&M invert the park had planned? It is in the same relative area as Thunderbird.

2rzw95w.png

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
@Antinos are you referring to this image of the old B&M invert the park had planned? It is in the same relative area as Thunderbird.

2rzw95w.png

Actually, I'm not. I remember seeing a full blown rendering, not a blueprint. I think it was briefly shown during a TV special on the park but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was.