What's new

LocaJoy Holiday | Crazy Coaster | Intamin 10 inversion

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Re: LocaJoy Holiday | Unknown | Intamin 10 inversion

Theres quite a few around. I've ridden at least 4 and they all have the same layout. Golden Horse copied this layout off Zamperla i think (someone will correct me there if i'm wrong)

Martyn B

CF Legend

Yeah we have one of them delightful contraptions visit us for the Winter Wonderland event in London every christmas!

Martyn B

CF Legend

I didn't think Reverchon were around no more...? I know they designed these coasters, but I think Zamperla have bought the rights to them (or something along them lines...)

HZGarfield

Roller Poster

Construction Started ,It is Blue track with white Supports

D4wWW2T.jpg

UB34H5u.jpg

meUO7Rs.jpg

fh4YshF.jpg

jMwZ06E.jpg

_koppen

Hyper Poster

It's funny how this is the last one of the three 10-inversions coasters we heard about, and still it's the first one to go vertical.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

owenrita121 said:
This is going up fast, just a shame the park is a dump.

What are you talking about? The park is a construction site.

kadabrium

Roller Poster

So Intamin still uses the old polygonal track instead of the double spine?

_koppen

Hyper Poster

The ride looks so good!

I've been waiting over a year now, ever since tracked showed up at Hopi Hari, to see one of these new versions start construction.

Would love to see one of these constructed at Djurs Sommarland as their next coaster!

kadabrium said:

Yes, only the really huge ride gets the double spine so far.

BBH

Giga Poster

kadabrium said:
Well, here's why Intamin needed to use the double spine on the three installations so far:

Skyrush:
They needed less supports because Hersheypark went berserk over anything even touching their precious river, so the double spine was added to cut down on the number of supports necessary.

I305:
The entire ride is insane, low-to-the-ground, high-speed insanity, and the extra stability was needed.

Formula Rossa:
It goes 150 mph, I think that's reason enough.

NegativeG

Roller Poster

kadabrium said:
It wouldn't really make sense to use a double-spine on a coaster that doesn't need it. The track here doesn't need the extra supporting provided by a double spine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the double spine is more expensive than regular track. If the coaster doesn't need it, LocaJoy wouldn't pay extra for it.

BBH said:
They needed less supports because Hersheypark went berserk over anything even touching their precious river, so the double spine was added to cut down on the number of supports necessary.

I thought the problem with the river was the city's issue, not the park's. Great Bear wasn't allowed to put supports in the stream, leading to that infamous weird support. Skyrush was the first ride that Hershey allowed the park to construct in the stream. There's also that issue with the lift hill, since it's directly over the stream, Comet, and a path.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

BBH said:
Skyrush:

This is correct, the double spine is used to minimize the numbers of footers and supports.
It does hovever touch the river.

BBH said:
I305:
The entire ride is insane, low-to-the-ground, high-speed insanity, and the extra stability was needed.
BBH said:
Formula Rossa:
It goes 150 mph, I think that's reason enough.

This is wrong, the double spine is used to minimize the numbers of footers and supports.
Has nothing to do with the ride going 150mph or needing extra stability.

kadabrium

Roller Poster

So can I think in a way that the double spine is only replacing the old rectangular track (MF, EGF, TTD etc) but not yet the triangular?

When was the last time they used the rectangular ones though?

Ethan

Strata Poster

_koppen said:

On a curve, a 150mph train is heavier than an 80mph train. So, speed is partly the reason.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Ethan said:
_koppen said:

On a curve, a 150mph train is heavier than an 80mph train. So, speed is partly the reason.
Yeah. Exactly.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Well the speed of a ride is always used to calculate the forces of the ride, but the reason for the double spine is to save on the numbers of footers.

The rides would have been fine with the old track style, they would just have had to use a lot more supports.