What's new

Lisebergbanan has undergone a major refurbishment

Offical_Pitchnoir

Roller Poster
Liseberg has announced that the classic Schwartzkopf coaster Lisebergbanan has undergone a major refurbishment in the offseason and the ride will now feature new trains and a redesigned station with a new facade!
thumb_y6oh46yzzvbbtjsfhosk.jpg

The classic roller coaster “Lisebergbanan” gets a makeover this summer with brand new trains and new station area as well as new façade.

Lisebergbanan opened at Liseberg in 1987 and was specially created for the Liseberg hill by roller coaster legend Anton Schwartzkopf.

It is an all-time favourite for the whole family at Liseberg and for many guests a visit to Liseberg is not complete without it. The roller coaster is widely acclaimed as one of the best family rides in the world – and one of the best rides created by the Schwartzkopf factory.

After more than 30 seasons, the Lisebergbanan has undergone a major renovation, including brand new trains, a matching station area and new themed façade..

"Lisebergbanan is one of our most loved rides and it deserved some extra attention. The new trains and new surroundings will complete the feeling of a traditional, and exciting, train ride", says Andreas Andersen, CEO & President at Liseberg.
SOURCE

Benenen

Hyper Poster
This is exciting news but could it mean the end of staff not doing physical restraint checks on the ride? We've already seen additions to Helix that decrease the throughput, could these new trains require additional checks and time to dispatch?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nice! Good to see them putting the time and money into keeping the old rides running well and looking nice. Sign of park management that respect their hardware - I like that.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Yay! This used to be the parks signature coaster for so many years, but it definately shows it's age when it's sat underneath Helix. I'm happy such an important coaster is getting the love it needs.

I wonder what this will entail though outside the new trains and facade. Liseberg is definately going down a more themed route, so maybe a dedicated soundtrack? The area's already pretty lovely.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
The station had its old fashioned charm but I'm really keen to see what they've done with this! It's a great family attraction and nice to have something a little more chilled between Helix and some of the more intense rides.