What's new

Liseberg 2015 Zierer Star Shape?

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Rumour has it, that Liseberg will continue it's focus on thrill rides and add a Zierer Star Shape for 2015.

I've heard it for some time now, but since the latest First Drop also talked about it, I thought it would be time to post it here. In First Drop it just says the following though:

We have also heard that Zierer has an updated version of the Star Shape spin ride, and we will be seeing one at a major European park in 2015

Have a picture of a Star Shape.

926278e5b3.jpg

andrus

Giga Poster
Interesting! What are these like? I usually loathe spin n spew rides, but I actually quite like Mondial top scans! And these star shapes look similar. Do they ride similar as well?

Casio

Mega Poster
This is great news; I've been on Air, the one that goes to Hyde Park Winder Wonderland, and I thought it was excellent. Just as disorientating as a Top Scan but a lot more intimidating. I'm surprised there are still so few of them around.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I got to ride Bling at Blackpool before it was removed. Rode it twice, it was kinda lame. The ride looks fantastic but really isn't that "out of control" feeling, much more tame than a TopScan is.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
I really didn't like the one at Skyline Park (former Bling). It was just dull. The rotation of the pendulum arm seemed mechanical and braked, and not free swinging like on all other frisbees and swinging ships. Also it didn't really invert. It was a perfect family thrill ride though.

If Zierer has updated the ride I would love to see it with a support structure like regular frisbees have, with 4 equal legs.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I think these rides are excellent. I was very upset when Bling left Blackpool as it was one of my favourite theme parks flats. Air is insanely good. I really like top scans, but the slight added 'fear' factor of these make them just a little more exciting.

A very good choice by Liseberg if this becomes truth. They've already got a very good flat-ride lineup and this will would make it one of the best.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
These, screaming swings and sky swats are my favourite flat rides! The more the better, was so sad when bling left Blackpool.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, it's all true. Press release from the park....

Liseberg presents Mechanica

Liseberg continues to invest in exceptional ride experiences. In spring 2015 the amusement park will open Mechanica, a powerful, high-speed attraction that spins riders through 360 degrees – 30 metres up in the air.

Mechanica is an attraction that will challenge even the most daring. The ride can best be described as flying at high speed in a pendulum motion while gradually spinning round on two axes through 360 degrees.

Mechanica will be five metres taller than SpinRock, will swing 60 degrees more than Uppswinget and its seats will be free to rotate through 360 degrees, like the old TopSpin ride. Put simply, Mechanica has taken the best of all the scariest rides and added special toppings of everything.

“We know that many of our guests want more attractions of this type. The attraction we have chosen is also one of the very best available in its class,” says Andreas Andersen, CEO of Liseberg.

Mechanica will undoubtedly be one of the most impressive attractions in the park in terms of ride experience and concept.

“We want to offer our guests something that goes beyond the 90 seconds of the ride itself,” explains Andreas Andersen. “Through a combination of unique design, carefully selected music and inspiration draw from eighteenth-century Gothenburg we are aiming to create an all-round experience. It will be a strange machine that mixes contemporary and historical elements, like something straight out of a fairy tale.”

Its wide range of attractions makes Liseberg one of the best amusement parks in Europe for thrill seekers. The selection includes some of the top roller coasters in Europe, including Helix, Lisebergbanan and Balder. The arrival of Mechanica will bring the number of attractions up to 42.

“There are not many parks in Europe that can compete with Liseberg in terms of ride experiences. Mechanica will push us even further up the rankings in the high-adrenalin ride category. But while we have these really challenging attractions we also have Rabbit Land for families with young children. Liseberg has something for everyone,” says Andreas Andersen.

Liseberg – and Mechanica – will open for the summer season on 25 April 2015.

Mechanica facts:
Investment: SEK 30 million
Height: around 30 metres
Ride time: around 90 seconds
Number of riders: 30 (6 gondolas with 5 seats each)
Capacity: 600 people per hour
Minimum height: 140 cm
Attraction type: Star Shape
Manufacturer: Zierer Karussell- und Spezialmaschinenbau GmbH

andrus

Giga Poster
Here's the promo video and some renderings:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BEcB66uHHE[/youtube]

Mech2_484.jpg

Mech1_484.jpg

Looking good! :--D

Lofty

CF Legend
I really enjoyed Bling at Blackpool, it was a great filler ride. I love the theme of this though, looks fantastic.

KoasterEv

Roller Poster
Very cool. Still have yet to get on one of these. Europe seems to have all of the awesome flat rides that North America needs!

S

SimonSays99

I like the StarShape - we have one here in Germany on the canrival/funfair circuit. I personally think it is a bit tamer than the TopScan - I found that most park TopScans like the one at Thorpe do not run top speed - and offers nicer views.

I think it is a great addition for Liseberg. But knowing the lines for flats at Liseberg I will likely skip it. Why should I wait half an hour when I can go to my city funfair and ride it as a walk-on.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ You also have one at Skyline Park; they bought Bling from Blackpool a few years ago.

thx

Mega Poster
Nice addition! I'm really quite impressed of the good variation of different ride types Liseberg has/keeps on getting. I also got to ride Bling, back in 2005 and liked it as it had a nice balance of 'inversions' as well as the 'scary' hanging/flip parts up in the air, yet it really wasn't nauseating at all (well I only rode it twice).