What's new

Lipstick that Pig! RMC Conversion NL2 Comp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intricks

Strata Poster
He meant can you change the rail colors back from red to meld with the rest of the coaster or no.

I would honestly assume yes.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
While this did take the least amount of time to complete, I think this is my best entry yet!

(That means I sent the File)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Okay, technicality question.

We're not allowed to move the red track, right? When you move the heartline (the converted rides from NL1 have the heartline on height as zero), it moves the track down and leaves the heartline as it is.

If I then move the whole coaster up by the same amount the heartline is offset, the coaster track should end up in the same position. Or at least close enough.

Before I push on with the rest of the coaster, does this count as modifying the red track?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I wouldn't think so. I heartlined it, and now it's in. If it's not supposed to be heartlined, then oh well.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Changing the heartline doesn't count as moving. You can move it back up to the original height if you want, but it doesn't matter.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
'Fixing' the supports on this is an adventure...

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Would it be acceptable to change the train from 6 cars down to 5 cars? The more tests I run, the more I see that the ride would flow better with a 5 car train. Also, it says not to edit the brake run, but can we edit the brake settings (speed, deceleration force, etc)?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
CoasterMac305 said:
Would it be acceptable to change the train from 6 cars down to 5 cars? The more tests I run, the more I see that the ride world flow better with a 5 car train. Also, it says not to edit the brake run, but can we edit the brake settings (speed, deceleration force, etc)?

Yes to all questions! As long as it stays a wooden style, you can edit the trains as needed. Brake run same thing.

intim305 said:
i just signed up to these forums just for this competition. I'm in

Welcome! Can't wait for your entry!

As an added note for all those competing, as I failed to put it on the first post (which I will fix right now) all entries need to be sent to me either by PM or by email at bigt12788[at]yahoo.com. Either one works perfectly fine.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Ok, Thanks! You don't know how much I want to lower the station & edit that brake run curve!! Its so..... un-RMC. ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well my layout is done, custom supports (well, custom modifications) are done.

Just debating whether or not to do the RMC rails. I might give it a shot and see where I end up. :p

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
My layout is done as well. Next few days will be small tweaks in trackwork, and of course, modifying those supports:) I'm liking these competitions!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So I've decided not to bother with making the RMC rails and stuff. I followed TheCodeMaster's guide (that I linked on the first page of this topic), and it's quite straightforward, however I just didn't like the look of it in the end.

I'll be submitting my track in the next 24 hour or so, so keep your eyes on your inbox Tom. :D

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
My entry has been sent. Can't wait to see everyone's creations!!

(After thinking about doing custom RMC IBox track, I decided to go all in on this. So with the help of a friend, I have used the custom rails, using a method identical to TheCodeMaster's tutorial posted earlier in the thread)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Received a few entries this week, to those who sent it in, I got it. I've been down with the flu, otherwise I would've responded directly to you. I have yet too open them, but I'm very eager to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.