What's new

Lipstick that Pig! RMC Conversion NL2 Comp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
This was not my initial idea, but after some feedback, this became the clear choice for this competition! Ever think, "Geez self, I wish X coaster would get an RMC conversion." Well, today is your chance to convert one of those coasters! Jer has been kind enough to donate one of his No Limits classic wooden coasters for our contest! Panther is your classic wooden coaster in need of a make over. Your job will be to give this Pig some Lipstick, and make it the best Bacon ever! This contest will run until Friday May 15, 2015. Jer has declined to participate in this contest and will be one of the judges, as will Hixee and myself.

The same voting criteria will remain in effect. The judges will vote on a scale of 1-5 in the following categories: Smoothness, Creativity, Overall, and Realism. Keep this conversion grounded. Don't make it have 7 barrel rolls and all outer bank turns. Realism is key. The final votes will come from the creators (and anyone wanting to vote) on a scale of 1-5, overall.

Rules
All competitors must vote or lose 1 point, as you recall last contest, that's the difference from first to third
You can NOT edit the brake run or station, these are set and you must work with what you have.
You MUST keep the same (general layout). Small tweaks are fine, but the supports should remain in the same footprint
Any inversions MUST be custom supported. Nobody wants a support beam through the forehead.
All entries must be turned in by Friday May 15 either sent in to me by PM or email bigt12788[at]yahoo.com

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ex3y6 ... ig.nl2park

Good luck!

Jer

Strata Poster
I declined participation because I'd rather see what you all come up with for one of my favorite classic woodies (it was one of my many "return to NL coasters")

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm in!

No idea where to start... :p

Jer

Strata Poster
Guys, don't be intimidated by the idea, its actually much easier than it seems.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Very easy really! It's the most fun I've had using nl2 yet, so many ideas. Also, as a side note, you are not restricted to this train style, you can use any wooden style you like.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Will we get points deducted if we use normal rails, or get points added for using custom RMC rails? Or neither?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It won't get you any extra or less points, but if you do so, you should provide the way of how you are doing it in case others want to do it (like me).

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I probably won't do it, but I would be following TCM's RMC Rails and Crossties guide. I'm on mobile, so I can't post link atm.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I assume you mean this tutorial:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uz9ajB1e8U[/youtube]

It's unlikely I'll be doing this to my entry, but it depends how my time/effort levels are feeling when I've finished the layout.

C'mon people, give it a shot! The more people that enter the better. :D

Colossus

Giga Poster
I might give it a go, I'm not really in know when it comes to these RMC style rides, or converting existing rides, I'm also still quite new to the game, if I do try, it will probably be a bit poo.
I have spent way too many hours on the last ride, thinking it would do well, I don't know if I can put the same time into something I don't think will be vary good.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
If you need help, pm me, I can give you some ideas and such. I'd recommend looking at povs of the iron horse before and after conversion.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
He said you can use any Wooden train style you want. You can use Timberliners, Millennium Flyers, PTCs, or even those B&M Bathtubs if you want.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
^Yep, change them trains up! I've received two images from one of the contests to act as a teaser.

So have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.