What's new

Linnanmäki | Swingi | Intamin Gyro Swing | 2024

Zibulaatio

Roller Poster
New Intamin Gyro Swing is opening up to Linnanmäki in Helsinki, Finland in 2024!

"In 2024, Linnanmäki amusement park is welcoming the exciting new attraction Swingi! The ride, which moves in a pendular fashion, has been built by Intamin, one of the top attraction manufacturers in the industry. The same company is also behind Linnanmäki’s rollercoaster Taiga."

Boodangy

Mega Poster
I hate the name. But other than that, this has me excited! If they stay faithful to the art I'll be happy too cause the victorian-esque fencing and brick backdrop look really nice as although Linnanmäki has no overarching themes, they have made an effort with a lot of recent additions and revisions (besides Magia) to have a level of polish with theming and landscaping, Kingi next door to this being a great example. (Which by the way will be amazing to be ascending on the drop tower and have the Gyro swing swing towards you!)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Swingi and Kingi. I hope they build a kiddie cred called Rolli next.

Not my type of ride, but good choice for the park. And replacing the top spin means it will look very intimidating, as that art shows.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Soooo.....why is this gonna take 2 years?
Why is Disney taking so long to build a clone of Tron? Why do SF suck so much? No one knows.

On a serious note, maybe the park needs to justify the empty lot where the top spin used to sit. After all, the park, as far as I know, is a sort of NGO by which all profits go to social causes. Maybe this forces them to justify all investments, thus an announcement this early?

Last edited:

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Why is Disney taking so long to build a clone of Tron? Why do SF suck so much? No one knows.

On a serious note, maybe the park needs to justify the empty lot where the top spin used to sit. After all, the park, as far as I know, is a sort of NGO by which all profits go to social causes. Maybe this forces them to justify all investments, thus an announcement this early?
Soooo.....why is this gonna take 2 years?
The Top Spin basically had to close already this year but they're already adding a different new attraction in 2023 (presumably, not confirmed 100%) in the new Vekkula (funhouse) replacement for the one they closed in 2017 to make way for Taiga. They've had to delay that one by a couple years already due to covid so I suppose they're finally opening that one next year, and the gyro swing will wait for 2024 so they don't open two big new attractions in one year.

Finncoaster

Roller Poster
The Top Spin basically had to close already this year but they're already adding a different new attraction in 2023 (presumably, not confirmed 100%) in the new Vekkula (funhouse) replacement for the one they closed in 2017 to make way for Taiga. They've had to delay that one by a couple years already due to covid so I suppose they're finally opening that one next year, and the gyro swing will wait for 2024 so they don't open two big new attractions in one year.
Linnanmäki has commented on Facebook that new funhouse Vekkula is now under development, but Swingi is still coming before that so we have to wait at least for 2025 season.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Screw it, people have revived threads for less so here; have some fresh construction pics taken from a cliff outside the park

DSC_2913_2.jpgDSC_2916_2.jpgDSC_2919_2.jpg

Unfortunately once the pendulum arm itself is in I won't be able to see much more progress from outside the park unless I lived on the top floor of one of the nearby houses or something. I assume since they're clearly getting the ride itself done quickly within this year, they'll probably focus on the more tedious process of landscaping etc. before season opening in spring. But seeing the construction made me realize just how visually impressive it'll be from outside the park once Swingi starts swinging.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Wish I had waited a couple more days before posting so it wouldn't be split in two like this, but anyway:

DSC_2929_2.jpg
DSC_2940_2.jpgDSC_2943_2.jpg

The swinging arm is in place now, so I don't think we'll get to see anything from outside the park of the ride construction anymore, besides electricians working at the top and possibly a sign being put up which I won't be checking for. Interesting how the arm is installed at a 90 degree angle (I guess it's easier to lift with cranes that way) but that allows you to see just how impactful it'll look from outside the park while swinging.