What's new

Lightwater Valley Big Ride Coming Soon?

.:Matt:.

Roller Poster
Yup, agreed.

The ride would have to be replaced with something damn special for it to be a suitable replacement to the Ultimate.

To be fair to the management though, it will only be removed when it needs to be. And I don't see that point coming for a while yet!

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Well, the extention to t'Ultimate has been confirmed - they're making it the longest again by extending the corners, thus making it less intense, thus making it go faster and not beat itself up (and you) so much.

Also confirmed: Hornet's nest is going to be replaced by a flat, and Sewer Rat's going to be rethemed to something dinosaury.

Woo!

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Ormerod said:
Plod, where is it confirmed?
To me by their Marketing manager yesterday. They've got a number of companies putting together bids for the Ultimate work, but it's not happening next year - that's just the Rat re-theme and Hornet's Nest replacement.

Any changes to T'Ultimate will obviously affect the ride, but whether it's a good or bad thing we'll have to wait and see!

The "dinosaur" aspect of the Rat re-theme is unconfirmed, although they're definitely keeping the same coaster in there with the blocking updated.

marc

CF Legend
Tbh the park needs new rides not changes to the rides they have, thats my view on it.

They also need to sort out their food as its down there with the worst quality and the most expensive.

The park has so much space with is just wasted, it could be a really good park. They have the land they just need the rides and better quality food places.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
marc said:
The park has so much space with is just wasted, it could be a really good park. They have the land they just need the rides and better quality food places.

I love the amount of open space they have. I think it's a great place to just sit around and chill - it's a very different atmosphere from most theme parks. I enjoy that factor there anyway :)

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
It's a good park for families. The rides are very budgeted, but somehow there's still something nice about it.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Dinosaurs?!

Most ridiculous idea I've ever heard.

I sincerely hope management reconsider.

Rat Ride doesn't need a new direction, it just needs some TLC and further development on an already terrific concept.

Bring back Rob Staveley.

Martyn B

CF Legend
they're making it the longest again by extending the corners, thus making it less intense, thus making it go faster and not beat itself up (and you) so much.

Well they might as well just remove it then. The most anticipated section of any coaster in the world will become boring.

Thats pretty piss poor of the park to be honest, its not like its really going to be anything 'new'. And how the hell are they going to advertise this?

And I dont get how making the bends bigger will make thr train travel faster...surely the more track, the more friction?

So the only reason to visit LWV is pretty much on its way out, great! This is a dark day for the coaster community.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Well... It actually makes me want to visit the park more as I don't rate the Ultimate at all (OMG - somebody shoot me for being British and not bumming the ride :p ).

Maybe the changes will make the ride fun and exciting ;)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
The fact that they even need to ask the GP makes me think they have no idea what the hell they are doing, and should possibly stop trying to be a theme park, because they are **** at it.

If they edit Ultimate for the worse, I'll write a complaint every week for the rest of my life.

Enicomb

Mega Poster
Martyn B said:
they're making it the longest again by extending the corners, thus making it less intense, thus making it go faster and not beat itself up (and you) so much.

Well they might as well just remove it then. The most anticipated section of any coaster in the world will become boring.

Thats pretty piss poor of the park to be honest, its not like its really going to be anything 'new'. And how the hell are they going to advertise this?

And I dont get how making the bends bigger will make thr train travel faster...surely the more track, the more friction?

So the only reason to visit LWV is pretty much on its way out, great! This is a dark day for the coaster community.

Presuming you're talking about the Ultimate; presumably by advertising it as being the longest coaster again

Ali

Mega Poster
Enicomb said:
Martyn B said:

Presuming you're talking about the Ultimate; presumably by advertising it as being the longest coaster again

He meant how will they market it as something new, the GP will just turn around and say "I have been on it before anyway". It's hardly going to make people want to return to the park is it?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
"We've made our **** old ride LONGER!"

Yes, because that sounds SO much better than "We've got a bran new ride!"

They are utterly retarded.

They need to get something like a Eurofighter. Something cheap that ticks all the boxes. They should stop buying **** fair rides.

What's even more retarded is that they haven't actually got a lot of flat land. So they just buy and sell **** flat fair rides. Why the **** are they already getting a replacement for that hornet thing? They ONLY JUST GOT IT.

Just bad decision after bad, I almost hope the place goes bust and shuts. They ****ing deserve it.

marc

CF Legend
Or make a big investment, put in a Megalite in the space in the middle of the Ultimate. If they get one it will pay for itself in a few years.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not overly impressed by this news.

I understand from a marketing point of view, being able to boast about having the longest coaster in the world will raise awareness of the park.

For example, with Mumbo Jumbo at Flamingoland, it even made the local paper where I live - 250 miles away!

Anything that could raise awareness, get punters through the door spending money which can be reinvested is a positive direction.

However, I like the Ultimate as it is. I like the way it relentlessly rips around the track through the woods battering me in the process. That, imo, defines the Ultimate's character. When I rode the first train out during ERT, it was slow and I found it boring. It took 3 or 4 goes to warm up. By making the ride smoother by increasing the bends, it may ruin the ride. If they can increase the size and maintain the pace and joltiness, then I'm all for it.

The Rat ride is pretty cool. Tbh, I don't think it needs changing...aside from a quicker throughput.

It's inevitable that a spin & spew will replace Hornet's Nest. I don't do spin & spew, therefore not interested.

That comes across as a very selfish post. Just because I'm not jizzing over these new plans doesn't mean to say everybody isn't.

On a plus note, the rapids the have this year is MUCH better than the coaster they had in its place, so perhaps they do have a sense of what people want?

As Marc said, they need to try and bring the park together a bit more. Fill in some of the large open spaces and sort out the overpriced, terrible food they have to offer.