What's new

Lightwater Valley Big Ride Coming Soon?

Enicomb

Mega Poster
^ I have no problem with discussion, in fact the forum (any) would be pretty dull if everyone agreed.

Opinionated is also good, it;s part of the reason I created an account, but this thread had become pretty hostile over nothing really.

Anywho, I'm sure everyone would prefer this remained on topic than me blithering on...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Just one thing, when you do go to Lightwater, please make sure your first ever ride on the Ultimate is the front seat. It will be an experience you will never forget :lol:

Enicomb

Mega Poster
Martyn B said:
Just one thing, when you do go to Lightwater, please make sure your first ever ride on the Ultimate is the front seat. It will be an experience you will never forget :lol:

I'm always so unlucky with getting front row; usually end up at the back (which I don't mind :)). I'm starting to think The Ultimate has been built up too much and will actually not seem as good....

marc

CF Legend
Enicomb said:
Martyn B said:

I'm always so unlucky with getting front row; usually end up at the back (which I don't mind :)). I'm starting to think The Ultimate has been built up too much and will actually not seem as good....

Which is what I found, I just dont see what the big deal is about it.

In 2 weeks I shall ride it again and see if I chnage my mind.

Martyn B

CF Legend
If I were, I'd just ask the ride op if you could wait for the next train so you could sit at the front, tell them its your first time, they'll most probably let you wait. The front seat is by far the best for air time, if you didn't have a lap bar, you would be thrown from you seat, its that good!

And Marc, make sure you sit at the front too :p

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Martyn B seems to be trying to get you hospitalised, Enicomb. Don't listen to him... go somewhere near the back, 2/3s back is just right for a pain free (but rough ride). Front row actually injures.

Jools

Giga Poster
^ *coughs* Whimpery :lol: No Pain, No Gain!
If your after the "willy lifter" back is best!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Lol, I'm not trying to hospitalise anyone, I'm just wanting them to experience the full force of the Ultimate. And you wont get injured. Infact, its not even 'painful', its just incredibly rough.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Exactly! My girlfriend who isn't a coaster 'goon' even found it hilarious, she couldn't stop laughing throughout the whole ride - and she's a wimp! Granted, 2 goes were enough for her.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Martyn B said:
And you wont get injured. Infact, its not even 'painful', its just incredibly rough.

For most people you're probably right. The Ultimate was the first coaster to give me a recurring back injury that now triggers on the roughest of rides, and it is most certainly painful for me. People without weak spots are probably fine.

I can't say The Ultimate caused the injury, it was just the first coaster to bring it to my attention, it took around 6 re-rides for it to trigger.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Inverse said:
Martyn B seems to be trying to get you hospitalised, Enicomb. Don't listen to him... go somewhere near the back, 2/3s back is just right for a pain free (but rough ride). Front row actually injures.
Yeah, sitting at the front on the ultimate sent me to A+E,seriously.
I think me and my brother rode it six times, before the last three my chest really hurt when i coughed, I had a purple bruise on my leg and my elbow had swolen up.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
The plan is to rebrand The Sewer Rat next year.

They'll probably keep the sewer theme, just give it a theming overhaul - no idea if a new ride down there is part of the plan though.

I guess this would explain the two guys who were taking photos down there earlier this year aswell as pondering over blueprints on the bench outside.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
NO. It is not going until I ride it next year. This may sound odd but there is no ride in the world that I want to ride more. It looks stunning in an odd kind of way. I know it is old and the ride itself is a crap off the shelf model but look at it! It looks ace! (Or atleast the theming does, the ride probably looks awfull and probably is, but it's an extremely unique ride and wil probably be a laugh, especially seeing that I hav enever found a coaster to be painfull apart from Vekoma Corkscrews.

Martyn B

CF Legend
It looks ace! (Or atleast the theming does

But thats the thing ya see, its not really 'theming', well whilst techincally it is theming, you dont notice it as theming as its just concrete tunnels really, with some water features.

A

Anonymous

Been checkin out this site for a while, but had to comment on this forum...Always found the Ultimate an extremely rough ride, worse than the Corkscrew, but then somehow always find myself back in the queue everytime im at LWV, could deffo do with replacing though...

.:Matt:.

Roller Poster
Replacing!? Never!!!! :shock:

The Ultimate is Lightwater Valley. The Ultimate is the worlds most unique ride, its so at home at Lightwater Valley, nothing can compare! :D

Anyway, as I have said before on a different website, I think that a Gerstlauer Bobsled coaster would be suited perfectly to the Rat's pit. I think the standard model would just about fit inside the hole and it's still a family coaster, with a little bit of "bite".

Hopefully, it shan't be too expensive! :D