What's new

Lewa World | Flash | Mack Hyper/Looper

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This came a bit out of left field but its being reported that the newly announced Lewa World in Xi'an, China will be getting 2 new Intamin coasters and at least one Mack.

The RCDB already has the Intamins up ( http://rcdb.com/6754.htm ) and news agencies are reporting the Intamin Mega Coaster will be the tallest and longest in Asia. This would mean the ride has to be bigger than SD2K and the longest tag suggests it won't be a large KK style rocket. However we have heard all this before with Ocean Kingdoms "Worlds Longest Wooden Coaster" which was quietly shelved.
On top of that the model suggests it will be a EGF clone... which is still no bad thing.

Currently China's tallest coaster is Diving Coaster at Happy Valley Shanghai (217ft) which suggests to me the new ride may take the Chinese height record but not the Asian one.

It appears the park has contracts signed already and with the high regard many people hold the Intamin Megas in we could be seeing something special pop up in Xi'an soon.

The park is already under construction and is due to open May 2015.

Lewa5.jpg

Signing the contract with MACK

Lewa2.jpg

Concept art for park and surrounding area.

Lewa6.jpg

Model showing EGF clone.

Source: http://vhcoasters.com/

Hobbes

Mega Poster
Re: Lewa World To Build Intamin Mega Coaster.

roomraider said:
The RCDB already has the Intamins up ( http://rcdb.com/6754.htm ) and news agencies are reporting the Intamin Mega Coaster will be the tallest and longest in Asia. This would mean the ride has to be bigger than SD2K and the longest tag suggests it won't be a large KK style rocket.
roomraider said:
On top of that the model suggests it will be a EGF clone...
Is it possible they meant tallest and longest in mainland Asia? That would make this seem more likely, especially if it's some kind of scaled-up EGF.

That said, EGF has a length of 4002.6 ft, while Formula Rossa (longest in mainland Asia) is 6561.7 ft. I think one of those statements (EGF clone or record breaker) will be false, interested to find out which one.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

^ Looking at the model i don't think it will be an EGF clone, however it looks like it will have a similar first drop.

Darren B

Giga Poster

CookieCoasters said:
^ Looking at the model i don't think it will be an EGF clone, however it looks like it will have a similar first drop.

This.

Saying that though there are a few enthusiast sites mentioning it as an EGF clone. But Unless I'm looking at it wrong thats not an EGF clone (yes I know it's only a model but its still not EGF).

Regarless, it's not going to be 350ft Intamin Giga with a 10,000ft track length. If it is I'm going to China.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

I'll echo the sentiment: I don't think China recognizes Japan as part of Asia, and I'd be surprised if they don't conveniently ignore the Middle East as part of Asia, either.

Darren B

Giga Poster

rollermonkey said:
I'll echo the sentiment: I don't think China recognizes Japan as part of Asia, and I'd be surprised if they don't conveniently ignore the Middle East as part of Asia, either.

So it'll be the tallest and longest in China then basically. IF these claims are actually true in the first place.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Darren B said:
rollermonkey said:

So it'll be the tallest and longest in China then basically. IF these claims are actually true in the first place.

Bingo.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

My thoughts exactly. Well we know the rides an Intamin Mega anyway so that's got to be good no matter how tall it is. Even a mega lite is a good ride.

It seems the park has confirmed a Maurer Sky Loop model too. Apparently the same model as Abismo. Also a good little ride

Lofty

CF Legend

I love that from a model that's simply portraying a coaster that people insist it's an EGF clone...

tks

Strata Poster

But concept art is never wrong. IT IS THE LAW.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

RCDB has taken the Intamin rides off the park's page for now, but have added some more information about the Mack coaster:

Height: 196.8 ft
Speed: 74.6 mph

http://rcdb.com/6764.htm

So is this the "Intamin" mega coaster then? I'm pretty sure it's the biggest thing Mack will ever have constructed, which gives some support to the possibility of the Hyper at Hansa - also due to open in the same year - coming from them.

I've changed the topic title to match up with this new information.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Re: Lewa World To Build Mack Hyper(ish) coaster?

Well the guy from Mack said the Mack megacoaster train was design to handle really high speeds, and that it would be no problem for them to build a 70m tall coaster.

Personally I'm happy that if this ride is from Mack and not an Intamin. Not because I prefer Mack above Intamin, but because I've been waiting since 2009 to see a really big coaster from Mack.

andrus

Giga Poster

gavin said:
Height: 196.8 ft
Speed: 74.6 mph

http://rcdb.com/6764.htm

So is this the "Intamin" mega coaster then? I'm pretty sure it's the biggest thing Mack will ever have constructed, which gives some support to the possibility of the Hyper at Hansa
Yes, this ride is techincally speaking only 3.2 feet from being classified as a hyper coaster. So I would think it's safe to say that Mack is in the hyper coaster-race now, which is a good thing! :)

_koppen

Hyper Poster

According to this site:
http://airtimers.com/we-put-steel-in-motion/0021068/

This coaster should not only be of hyper proportions, but also feature inversions. First one will be a loop that will take the biggest inversion record away from Full Throttle.

The link was shared on Mack's official Facebook site, so I would suspect that the info is for real.

andrus

Giga Poster

Wow! Not that I think height is everything, but a 50 meter tall loop sure will be impressive!

I wonder how they will solve the technical details; if they're going to use quad-track like the lift of alpina blitz or if they're gonna use a more beefy support structure like on the GIBs? I can't imagine the tri-rail to support an arch of that size!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Lewamack.jpg

The top down view of the layout. Looks like it could be awesome

Lofty

CF Legend

Very Kumba-like in the beginning. Not a bad thing I suppose.