What's new

Peppa Pig theme park at Legoland Florida | USA |2022

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. In recent days, it would appear that Legoland Florida has filed for planning permission to build a 4.5 acre park expansion of some sort that will include a water play area and a roller coaster:
Exciting stuff! If I had to guess, I’d say that this looks like the park’s equivalent of Duplo Valley, if they don’t already have one (correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think they do, do they?); using Legoland Windsor’s area as an example, the water play area looks very similar to the one in Windsor’s Duplo Valley and the roller coaster looks as though it will be something along the lines of Duplo Dino Coaster.

What do you guys think?

Aardvark747

Roller Poster
The placement of this really intrigues me. I wonder how they will bridge the gap with the road and how they will make it look not too ugly from the car park. Exciting addition, none the less - I do wonder what the theme will be. Does anyone think they could also do the Lego Mythica theme that Legoland Windsor are doing next year if proves to be successful?

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Shots fired haha. Obviously saw it was a good IP.

That's interesting though. The placement is really strange but the second gate does explain that. Surely it's not a large enough area to be a separate attraction?

Dar

Hyper Poster
Really reaching for that world's first this time "Akschully, Paultons doesn't count because it's a 'world', not a 'theme park'"

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Is Peppa Pig big in America? Then again, Ididn’t realise how popular it was until Paultons opened their area. Will be interesting to see if a separate gate ticket model works. I’m looking forward to seeing this develop.

Press release: www.merlinentertainments.biz/newsroom/news-releases/2021/worlds-first-peppa-pig-theme-park/

To go off on a tangent from your question.. Merlin obviously see a lot of mileage in the brand given they also have opened 4 Peppa Pig play areas since 2018, 3 of which are in America: https://www.peppapigworldofplay.com/

I don't think they've been that popular, mind. Might be one reason why Merlin have decided to try a 2nd gate park over them..

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Is Peppa Pig big in America? Then again, Ididn’t realise how popular it was until Paultons opened their area. Will be interesting to see if a separate gate ticket model works. I’m looking forward to seeing this develop.

Press release: www.merlinentertainments.biz/newsroom/news-releases/2021/worlds-first-peppa-pig-theme-park/
Peppa Pig celebrated a decade on U.S. television (Nick Jr.) earlier this month and the 10th anniversary celebrations kick off on March 1st with "Best Of" episodes of Peppa Pig airing Monday-Thursday on Nickelodeon. The week will conclude Friday, March 5th at 8 a.m. ET with an all-new four-part special from season nine that sees Peppa and her family going on an American road trip to Tinseltown after they win a chance to appear in the Hollywood movie “Vegetables In Space”.
Hasbro owns the U.S. licensing for Peppa Pig, which is why @CanobieFan has seen the toys.

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve got to admit, I never knew Peppa Pig was so popular in the USA! I’ve always thought of it as something that was mainly popular in Britain, although I suppose it makes sense, as we did learn in geography that it’s actually one of Britain’s largest media exports!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
This might also explain the 3rd gate that popped up in plans for the up and coming new Legoland in China

Except isnt Peppa Pig banned in China for being too Gangster or something?
Peppa Pig in China is associated with "people of society" – a slang term for gangster, which is why it was banned. It also sparked a tattoo craze and that’s particularly controversial because tattoos are frowned upon in China.

peppa.jpg
Now that's gangsta!

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Two things; one, the rides list was formally unveiled for the new Peppa Pig Theme Park the other day; https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/a...ons-revealed-for-florida-peppa-pig-theme-park
bn9_peppa_pig_theme_park_attractions_map.jpg

And two, concept artwork was also showcased for our star roller coaster here, Daddy Pig's Roller Coaster;
bn9_peppa_pig_park_daddy_pigs_roller_coaster_rendering.jpeg

Back in December, the site plan clearly showed a Zamperla Family Gravity Coaster 80STD. If you're familiar with the simplistic layout, this helix and the turn after it do not match up. On a different note, however, Zamperla coincidentally released a render today for a new launched double-helix family coaster model, of which looks exactly like what's showed in the artwork above;

It's fairly interesting, to be sure, nothing to overhype about. The park layout draft in December was awhile ago, Zamperla allegedly began working on this around that time, anything could have changed. If this is accurate, Daddy Pig's Roller Coaster might just maybe push a few more enthusiasts to purchase a ticket for this park just to acquire a new and uncommon credit.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Two things; one, the rides list was formally unveiled for the new Peppa Pig Theme Park the other day; https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/a...ons-revealed-for-florida-peppa-pig-theme-park
View attachment 12786

And two, concept artwork was also showcased for our star roller coaster here, Daddy Pig's Roller Coaster;
View attachment 12787

Back in December, the site plan clearly showed a Zamperla Family Gravity Coaster 80STD. If you're familiar with the simplistic layout, this helix and the turn after it do not match up. On a different note, however, Zamperla coincidentally released a render today for a new launched double-helix family coaster model, of which looks exactly like what's showed in the artwork above;

It's fairly interesting, to be sure, nothing to overhype about. The park layout draft in December was awhile ago, Zamperla allegedly began working on this around that time, anything could have changed. If this is accurate, Daddy Pig's Roller Coaster might just maybe push a few more enthusiasts to purchase a ticket for this park just to acquire a new and uncommon credit.
And here is the confirmation from Zamperla themselves:-

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It might just have a lift and a launch

I would get a kick out of it if it didn't end up with the launch - "in our defence, we did only say "might", lol".