What's new

Legoland Deutschland | Maximus: Flight of the Guardian| B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

Niles

Giga Poster

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
On the heels of Chessington’s Jumanji drop, Legoland has proceeded to do the same with their wing coaster equivalent…

Maximus: Flight of the Guardian
- 17m (55.8 ft) tall
- 54kph top speed
- 2.2 G’s
- 1.2m height requirement

The Mythica area will also include the MYTHICA CreaZone creative attraction, LavaLand playground, and the Zierer drop towers.
72823800-7D85-4251-BC2D-65713CACA236.gif
44F4E615-CC3D-4B54-A7C0-3C972A4C71D7.jpeg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
On the heels of Chessington’s Jumanji drop, Legoland has proceeded to do the same with their wing coaster equivalent…

Maximus: Flight of the Guardian
- 17m (55.8 ft) tall
- 54kph top speed
- 2.2 G’s
- 1.2m height requirement

The Mythica area will also include the MYTHICA CreaZone creative attraction, LavaLand playground, and the Zierer drop towers.
View attachment 22702
View attachment 22703
Only 2.2Gs yet it goes upside-down... I don't get this ride.

I wonder how much Mandrill Mayhem pulls.

emoo

Hyper Poster
On a linear ride? Wouldn't it make more sense for just a backwards row on a shuttle that goes backwards half the time anyway? No? 🤣 Huh.

While we knew from actual factory pictures this would have vests, they are also pictured in the art. This is more leaning towards a thought to what it will end up meaning for the Chessie art that doesn't show them.

Another 1.2m height so extra happy it's confirmed these rides can achieve that.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
^ It definitely moves through the track faster than I expected, but that's probably because B&M track is so large that smaller elements look like there's much less altitude to gather speed with etcetera. Should be a fun experience for any age.

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
It's weird that they're testing the trains unthemed, no?

Then again, a B&M eith 2 inversions at a Legoland park is weird, so.... 🤷

Potentially the train shells aren't ready as they're quite bespoke, so maybe they thought better to get it tested and they're added later?

Personally, I think this looks like an awesome family coaster, and looks much faster than I thought it would be. Gives me hope for Mandrill Mayhem at Chessington!

Trax

Hyper Poster
Usually wing coasters tend to look slower than they are, but this looks faster for some reason.

Still, I don’t get why they wanted a family ride to have a hangtime focussed inversion at the end.

Ries

Mega Poster
Thing goes way faster than I anticipated.
Looking good. Very nice "kiddy" expansion.

Edit: but If I am correct. The inversions turn the same way. Would've been better if they did this both ways.

Lukas D

Roller Poster
Some recent imagery shared by a local newspaper:

Legoland-Deutschland-Guenzburg.jpg

Source containing many additional photos