What's new

Legendia | Lech Coaster | Vekoma Bermuda Blitz

JKM

Mega Poster
So its offcial now. I would like to open second, after Energylandia's F1, topic about coaster construction in Polish amusement park.
Here we go:
- 50 m tall,
- 915m long,
- max speed 95 km/hr,
- sound, water, light effects,
- capacity 1000 persons/hr

Description is from the official source. Scenery near coaster, it's name and other decorations will be connected with Eagle and Lech- signs of Polsihness and beginning of history of Poland.
rTeYQCW.png

So... it's odd. At least untypical. And the thing is, that Śląskie Wesołe Miasteczko belongs to... Slovak owners. It could be awesome or failure, we will see that.

The cost is about 5 mln euro, but only for 2016 year. At the moment I have no idea about total value of that investment.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Re: Śląskie Wesołe Miasteczko | Lech Coaster | unknown

Sounds interesting! But the height of 50m seems quite big considering the other facts. Perhaps a Mack launched and possibly a shuttle, similar to what MPG is getting?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Didnt take too long to dig up a layout. The ride is a Vekoma coaster with several inversions and what looks like a water splash.

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfXIATzGmrs[/youtubevid]

13754249_1563140733991319_522314342293072198_n.jpg

13769434_1563140713991321_9055434329595818882_n.jpg

13723878_1563140740657985_4826855291122320711_o.jpg

Edward M

Strata Poster

Wow, another Vekoma coaster that looks great. If the ride truly is taken at this speed with the level of intensity portrayed in the video, it has the potential to be amazing. Hope Vekoma keeps making coasters like this.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

It looks like a longer (maybe better?) version of Formula 1. I'm so happy for Vekoma for them finally making these great rides.

Now can they come to America? :p

Ben

CF Legend

What the ****, where did this come from?!

Like Formula 1 was something, this is something else!

That drop omg.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Jesus Christ vekoma wyd :p Another brilliant layout from them, possibly even better than Formula 1.

peep

CF Legend

This looks amazing. I'm just excited by what Vekoma are doing right now, but why Poland?

TilenB

Strata Poster

Because Poland buys them. Eastern Europe hasn't been told Vekoma is supposed to be bad. ;)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^Too late now with them getting these beauties.

I just hope that somewhere people can actually get to gets one.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

You could do Energylandia in a day from London. It would be a long day but a flight to Krakow is 2 and a bit hours and can be bought for less than £50 at the right time. The park is within taxi reach of the airport there. Its something I'm looking into for October.

JKM

Mega Poster

By Wizzair or Ryanair with few weeks advance you could buy a ticket sometimes for less than 10 euro and get to Katowice or Kraków. There is no hotoles currently near the park, but in Zator you may find some cheap place for accommodation. From Airport you could reach Energylandia by busses or trains. Śląskie Wesołe Miasteczko is right in the center of Silesia, there should be apsolutely no problem with trip to this park.

I am living not so far from both parks so I can help anyone who wants to travel to Poland :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I went to this park by getting a taxi from Katowice station since I was changing trains there. Not far from Krakow at all, which is a cheap, easy flight from loads of places.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

So according to RCDB, this will have a cable lift. If I'm not mistaken, this is a first for Vekoma?

Ben

CF Legend

Yeah since when is Poland somewhere people can't get to?

You might not be able to because it's not Great America but for us it's easy!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Well I don't live in Europe, so I don't know what's easy to get to and what's not. I just assumed it was a bit 'Out of the way'. Sorry for my ineptness.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Vekoma seem to have removed the video. I downloaded it before hand but have run foul of uploading such videos again before. Shame :(

oriolat2

Giga Poster

GuyWithAStick said:
So according to RCDB, this will have a cable lift. If I'm not mistaken, this is a first for Vekoma?

Unless you count the GIB and Invertigo models, yes.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

This could potentially be the first Vekoma which actually draws me to a new park.