What's new

League of Goons 2019: Results!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, let's get this whole thing going then!

Q1 results

The first quarter is over, and the results are in! First off, let's start with some statistics.

We've had 21 members sign up so far, which is great to see. Of those 21 members, 13 of you have logged points in the first quarter. You've scored a total of 5261 points, visited a total of 56 parks and ridden 362 coasters.

Without further ado, here's the table, as it stands at the close of Q1:

Congratulations to @HeartlineCoaster, @Fi and @gavin for their podium positions this quarter.

In future results posts, we'll also do a little league table and compare how members' positions have shifted as the year has progressed!

And here's a world map, with all of the parks visited in Q1 shown. I've got two different types of map here - one normal with all the parks visited plotted once. The second one is a heat-map, with each visit to each park plotted, and the heat-map applied accordingly (density based).

If you have any ideas for stats or visualisations you'd like to see, please get in touch and I'll see what I can do!

Quite streamlined process this, now. :)

Thekingin64

Surprisingly good start to my year with 4th! Once again have a massive trip planned during Q3, that alone could make this years results interesting...

Fi

Pretty pleased with my silver medal for Q1, though there’s some big scores for the quietest time of the year, might need to step my goon game up for the rest of the season!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
How time flies!

Q2 results

The second quarter is over, and the results are in! As ever, let's start with some statistics.

We've had 26 members sign up so far, which is great to see. Of those 26 members, 20 of you have logged points this quarter. You've scored a total of 20150 points, visited a total of 222 parks and ridden 1719 coasters.

Without further ado, here's the table, as it stands at the close of Q2:

Congratulations to @iac17, @Jordanovichy and @HeartlineCoaster for their podium positions this quarter.

At the halfway point, how is the year shaping up overall? Let's have a look:

@HeartlineCoaster just holding on to his podium position, but with a few challengers in the mix. Awesome work by @Pear getting into 4th place overall as a new entrant for Q2. I think I should also congratulate @GuyWithAStick for his first proper monster submission since I've been running this - 10th place is very respectable!

Some additional information I forgot to include last time, so I'll wrap both Q1 & Q2 together this time, but given that I'm now working out the distances you're all travelling to parks I can do a little piece on who's travelled the furthest and least far!

Furthest, Q1: @Fi, 10857km, Universal Studios Singapore, 26 Jan 2019
Closest, Q1: @Thekingin64, 0km (!), Cardiff Winter Wonderland, 1 Jan 2019

Furthest, Q2: @HeartlineCoaster, 9604km, Knight Valley, 1 Jun 2019
Closest, Q2: @Coasterfreck, 7km, Thorpe Park, 23 Mar 2019

And here's a world map, with all of the parks visited in Q2 shown. The usual mapping site I use is currently down, so I've mad to resort to another site. If the other site comes back online, I'll include the other maps at a later date. This is a plot of each visit to each part plotted, so the darker the blob the more visits.

If you have any ideas for stats or visualisations you'd like to see, please get in touch and I'll see what I can do!

Reactions: Fi

Fi

Loving all the stats! Those scores at the top of the leaderboard are crazy, but there’s still half the year left so all to play for!

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
I am about to add a load of points after a bit of a lull. Including a ton of bonus ones!

Sent from my small tapping device...

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Staff member
Social Media Team
Aha, yeah I finally got around to doing one of those "megatrips" you lot keep talking about. Probably won't be doing another one of those for a long while!

Congrats to everyone doing well so far! Here's to a strong second half of 2019!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
North-south geography is so deceiving. I wouldn't have thought Shenzhen was further from here than Nagoya. Interesting stuff.
Indeed, it's the mess that comes of living on a sphere. I mean, to be fair there's less than 100km in at that point (Sea Train Land coming in at 9513km), so not like you've wildly misjudged the distance.

gavin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I was wondering how I was doing so badly, but remembered I haven't entered a bunch of July stuff yet.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

JoshC.

I ended up doing exactly what I said I wouldn't do and stopped submitting after my first visit.

Gone back and added this past 2 months' worth of trips to get me going again, but will have missed out on a lot of tasty points from my trips in May and June </3. Ah well, let's see how well I can do with half year...