Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Compressed Air

• LIM/LSM

• Total voters

Jer

Strata Poster
I was talking with my friend in school today and I brought this up. what is your Favorite lauch System used for coasters

I like LIM/LSM launches, i like the sound they make as they charge up.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, I'm gonna vote LIM/LSM, as they seem to be smoother than hydraulic launches, which is the only other launch type I've been on.

Also, they seem a lot more intimidating than the hydraulics, as they are louder, and have a sort of scream which still makes me double think about riding Wicked Twister to this day.

I would have to say hydraulic, and I'm sure you guys can guess why. The reason is because of a certain red, white and yellow structure that looks like male genitals which also launches. Ooer, what could it be?

Ben

CF Legend
certain red, white and yellow structure that looks like male genitals which also launches

He he he he... sounds like your BF has an STD.

Hydraulics are better. I never liked RnR's launch. Feels weak while Rita's is awesome.

Mat

Hyper Poster
I have only ever experienced hydralic. But I would love to experience an air compressed one becuase of the speed and the acceleration!

But I would probably go for air If I rode one.... but I am not sure untill I do :lol:

Titan

Mega Poster
LIM, I have a fetish over the sound of electric motors starting up. Even though Ive only actually heard them on one coaster, chiller, its still a pretty awsome sound. Ive never heard an LSM in person, so I cant judge. Ive also never ridden one. And besides, they dont have the accleration values as LIMs, but they do have the people capacity. So LIM wins it for me.

Yeah hydraulics are fast, and theyre neat with the copper fins and the slight backwards movement the train makes to connect onto the launch, which scares the crap out of everyone. But all the hydraulics, cables, etc, are hidden for the most part from the GP, so theyre less enjoyable for me.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Yeah, I'm with you on the sound of the motors. Its just something about the screaming, raging conversion of the magnets and metal and whatever metal and gizmoes are involved in accelerating the trains. Simply is music to my ears!

Dude

Roller Poster
Oh my gosh compressed air is my favorite. I love anything with very forceful g's so I love compressed air. The feeling that get on H:XLC from being plastered against the back of that seat is so awesome.

A

Anonymous

Well i have only experienced a hydraulic launch. But i so wat to ride a compressed air launch. I mean 0-106.9mph in 1.8 seconds. That is truley insane!

joe

Mega Poster
Compressed Air sounds the best, as it has a good acceleration rate. I have only been on LIM and Hydraulic launches, but out of those two I seem to prefer Hydraulic.

Angel

Hyper Poster
My vote goes to compressed air.

From what I have heard you can get some amazing speeds from it and well speed beats anything else on this planet.... and I guess you wouldnt get the decelataion some of us feel on Stealth so that would be a bonus too!

Jer

Strata Poster
i have noticed most ppl are voting on what they heard bout the launches. This poll is for launches that you have actually experienced, just thought i would point out.

Dude

Roller Poster
Well I've experienced all three as well. And I still hold compressed air at the top. The acceleration is incredible. And its sure to put a smile on your face. And another good thing if you are afraid of launch coasters if you get on this one you can ride any of them.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
In terms of sound, Hydraulic launches definately rule them all. Check this out:

http://media.putfile.com/Kingda-Ka

God I love that whirrrrrrr!

I can't listen to that at the moment, but if it's anything like Xcelerator's, I agree with you, the noise is awesome. It's a pity Rita and Stealth make absolutely no noise at all when compared to Xcelerator.