What's new

Launch it! NL2 Competition

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Welcome back to the newly rebranded CF Park!

After a few weeks of renovations (big thanks to Colossus for all the work he has done on the park to make it look a million times better) we have our next competition! The calls for a launch have been answered, and you have choices! This round you have two options for train type, Mack or Intamin. You must keep storage and duel stations. I'm expecting greatness this round.

If you need inspiration, think Cheetah Hunt, Helix, Phantasialand new project, Blue Fire, etc.

Rules
-Trains must stay 5 cars each, stations have been set to accommodate such already
-Two launches MINIMUM
-Length must be between 4500-7500 feet
-All construction must be inside the newly defined tree area, with the water as the other border. You can build over entrance plaza but have supports accordingly
-Submissions must have your ride name on them please! Also when sent include your username
-Each participant must rank each ride on a 1-5 scale, otherwise there will be a point deduction
-Maximum height 180 feet
-Must run 3 trains
-You may remove original stations, however you must keep the duel station feature

All submissions are due by Friday July 24! This is a longer contest so I expect them to be better. Less restrictions this time too. Submit the ride to me either by pm or by email at bigt12788(at)yahoo.com

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vv7wh ... It.nl2park

TPV

Roller Poster
Re: Blast off at the Speed of Light NL2 Competition

A launch one!! finally!!!!!!

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster

When will the details be posted? Can't wait to do a launch competition!!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

*Makes Sci-Fi themed competition*

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster

We have hit a snag with development. Now, here's a tease. Contest will begin next weekend, but we will be releasing teasers every few days to give you an idea of what to expect. This first one sums it up pretty well.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I see. I'm interested in what park you'll use(from last contest)

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster

Aghhh im getting anxious!! How much longer shall you torture us?? ;)

tomahawk

Strata Poster

A mere hours from meowth we shall have this up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I might have to rush my project, as I'm going on vacation, and won't be back till the 10th. I'll gladly judge, however.

TPV

Roller Poster
Btw the station is really badly done, not straight at all? Or is it just my perspective?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It looks alright to me - although I can't see any strict nodes which is a bit odd?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
You can what's existing if it's that bad. I didn't check it again. Just start from transfer.

Colossus

Giga Poster
I don't think I touched the nodes on the ride, I just moved the whole station over slightly, but all nodes where highlighted in that process.

TPV

Roller Poster
I will judge for this one if you need a judge because I have no idea what to do for my ride...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
That's why you have a month! Having the option between mack and intamin also gives you a lot more wiggle room, play to the styles.

We already have the judges this round. This time around colossus is our third judge with hixee and myself. With the amount of work he put in, he has earned the opportunity. Next round Jer will return as judge.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Another piece of info, you must run 3 trains minimum. All the updates have been updated on the first post.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This is a tough one! I keep tinkering so much with my layout.

Just thought to check the length actually, mine might be quite long!