What's new

Lake Compounce | Venus Vortex | Raft Slide

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Do we even have a lead that suggests it’s a water slide other than the box height? All I’ve seen teased here is a Venus fly trap theme, which could be applied to literally anything. Flat, coaster, and water slide for that matter.

Knowing Parques Reunidos they won’t pay for a new attraction until a deal with the Pats can be made so until Tom Brady and Bill Belichick start showing up on the shipping labels on the boxes I wouldn’t get my hopes up for anything major. I could see it being at most a small Eurofighter but it’s most likely a flat or a water slide I’m guessing.

Park is like 10 hours away and I didn’t care for it in 2016 so I doubt it’ll bring me back at least short term.

Somebody made an oopsie on their website:

View attachment 5837

A drop slide complex is one shoe that indeed fits.
Unless Venus Vortex is a new flat ride of some sort. Yes it's an error, but that could've been anywhere, why the newest thrill section...

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
<h3>New for 2020!</h3>
<p>Set off on a 3 person raft into the vast vortex, fly around dark twists and turns before dropping down into the unforeseen mouth of the Venus Flytrap. <i>Add speed, height, etc.</i></p>

This is on their site in the code ;)
This is a massive beginner fault from the dev. Put commented code in production.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
This is a rather unfortunate mistake on Lake Compounce's part... I'm sure that they won't be very happy with whoever slipped up. ?

On a more positive note, at least the mystery is solved.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
There it is. Looks like an interesting take on a funnel slide. Nice!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster

Excuse the intro and outro, but I have uploaded the trailer for it. It'll be on Lake Compounce's too, just quicker to search lol
After discovering this slide model on WhiteWater West's page just a week ago, I've wanted to see another one come to the States other than Camelback Lodge's. Apparently, the new-for-2018 Ray Rush at Aquatica Orlando has a miniature Manta half pipe element - however, with it being a "fusion" slide, the half pipe isn't the signature element of the ride like it will be on Venus Vortex.