What's new

Lagoon | Cannibal | "In House" Coaster

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Lagoon | Cannibal | "In House" Coaster

That's perfectly and fantastically silly.

Dapalm

Mega Poster
It would look so amazing... if that stupid tower wasn't as ugly. Are there any plans for theming it? It wouldn't make sense making some amazing theming and then ruining it with that. At least the coaster looks great. I hope to get there in the future. And I'm more interested now I have discovered the park has two Schwarzkopf coasters.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
That's some crazy overbanking right there

4MBfpsD.jpg

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Better make plans for a trip out to Utah sometime.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

tribar

Mega Poster

This thing looks amazing so far. I can't wait until it's done.

KoasterEv

Roller Poster
Absolutely loving the look and custom layout of this thing! Definitely making a trip to Lagoon this summer :D

linear1982

Roller Poster
Just wanted to clarify some things....

The First Inversion is a Diving Loop, and as you can see, is different from an Immelmann Inversion. This isn't Dal Freeman's or ART Engineering GmbH's first Rodeo. Dal is responsible for Magnum XL-200, The Big One, Other Arrows, Wicked, BomBora, and now Cannibal. ART Engineering GmbH worked with Lagoon on BomBora, Wonder Mountain's Guardian, and now with Lagoon again on Cannibal. The 4.2 G's are going to be Awesome. The Trains will be 3 Rows of 4 with an Overhead Lap Bar. The secret element also looks to be an LSM Launch after the Diving Loop before the Wingover/Immelmann Turn.

Ethan

Strata Poster
linear1982 said:
Just wanted to clarify some things....

The First Inversion is a Diving Loop, and as you can see, is different from an Immelmann Inversion. This isn't Dal Freeman's or ART Engineering GmbH's first Rodeo. Dal is responsible for Magnum XL-200, The Big One, Other Arrows, Wicked, BomBora, and now Cannibal. ART Engineering GmbH worked with Lagoon on BomBora, Wonder Mountain's Guardian, and now with Lagoon again on Cannibal. The 4.2 G's are going to be Awesome. The Trains will be 3 Rows of 4 with an Overhead Lap Bar. The secret element also looks to be an LSM Launch after the Diving Loop before the Wingover/Immelmann Turn.

It's an immelmann. Also, why would there be an LSM launch after an immelmann when it would still have almost all of it's speed?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Clearly, linear1982 has some connections. While we know that element as an immelmann, the drawing probably states "diving loop." It's similar as to how B&M calls their corkscrews "flat spins" or "wing overs" or like how technically B&M builds wing COASTERS, not wing RIDERS. They're all synonymous and honestly it doesn't matter what you call them.

(I understand where they come from with the diving loop though - that element's exit is MUCH steeper than any immelmann on any ride I've been on)

_koppen

Hyper Poster
^ That's right, linear1982 knows the people behind the ride!

I can definitely see why they are calling it a diving loop, instead of an Immelmann. It's a completely new element, different from the regular Immelmann's.

From what I've seen the fins in the valley before the over bank actually look like LSM motors, rather than brakes, it would be cool if a boost where coming there!

Here's a really cool photo!
17BC3902-E660-4EA8-9B5B-065F937D0D32_zpsspu7xrud.jpg

Source

andrus

Giga Poster
_koppen said:
I can definitely see why they are calling it a diving loop, instead of an Immelmann. It's a completely new element, different from the regular Immelmann's.
Totally agreed! The element is much more reminiscent of an inverted top hat than an immelman. I guess it's up to the park and call it whatever they like! (Liseberg refered to the Norwegian Loop on Helix as a Pretzel for example)

The picture is gorgeous! Really like the look of this coaster :--D I hope they do something about the hideous tower though..

linear1982

Roller Poster
Don't ask me where my mind was, but Cannibal's First Inversion is an "Inverted Loop," the Second Inversion is a "Diving Loop." Additionally, there are 2 Elements and Aerobatic Maneuvers that are known as an Immelmann. Immelmann Turns do not Invert, but Immelmann Loops/Inversions do. I don't know why B&M calls some of their Corkscrew Type Inversions Wingovers, as the Aerobatic Maneuver is more like a 60 Degree Immelmann Turn.

PS - Hey _Koppen!

UCR

Roller Poster
I am new to this forum.

I have been watching this coaster being built for the last few years.
Its going to be a great addition to Lagoon.

I don't know what the rules are on here about posting links, but the video on YouTube, which by the way CoasterForce does some great videos, I am the one who created the NL model of Cannibal.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
inb4 "IT'S SO SLOW AND VIIILLLLEEEEEEEE"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktX5lcAd5UM[/youtube]

Intricks

Strata Poster
......was that a 3 row eurofighter type car?

Whelp, Im totally in dire need of going there soon, as that back to back Barrel Rolls that go opposite direction look fun, and highly interesting.