What's new

La Ronde | Vipère | Intamin Zacspin (relocated) | Cancelled

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
140.gif

For those who want the English translation of the Instagram post:
"Last chance to do the Super Manège!
It's time to complete the loop of the Super Manège to make room for a novelty for the 2020 season. Take the opportunity to try it one last time, before its official closure on August 27th. We invite you to follow us to discover the novelty of 2020 which will be unveiled on August 29th!"

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
It seems that August 29th will become Six Flags day as Great Adventure is also announcing their 2020 addition on this date, as opposed to August 30 for their 2019 announcements and September 1st for their previous ones.

It seems that August 29th will become Six Flags day as Great Adventure is also announcing their 2020 addition on this date, as opposed to August 30 for their 2019 announcements and September 1st for their previous ones.
Well, I've certainly got it marked, along with Holiday World (Tomorrow), Silver Dollar City (13th) and any other announcements this month

Peet

Giga Poster
Not many of the old "Corkscrew with Bayerncurve" (wtf is a Bayerncurve!?) models left now. Assuming this one will be scrapped, that will leave only the ex-mingo one and the one in Brazil of the 8 that were built.

I like them - the double corkscrew is great, although that may just be nostalgia talking from my many childhood and teenage rides on the Alton Towers Corkscrew.

Catmaydo

Roller Poster
I’ve done 5 of that model now and this was the only one that was actually enjoyable. Surprisingly smooth. So yeah, bit of a shame it has to go.
It's not the most violent headbanger out there but there's no way in hell I'd call Super Manege smooth. It's appropriately jerky for a Vekoma of its age, with the least enjoyable bit being the entrance to the first corkscrew.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Gah, one Six Flags thread still slipped through the cracks.

Please keep all discussion in that other thread for now.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
^I noticed Superman at MM has those too. It's a weird sensation on a ride even just knowing it's there.

As for the topic matter - damn. Thought I'd dodged that bullet.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Hate to dig this thread up, but as of today Vipère has been formally cancelled. There are several factors attributed to this. One, Quebec's lockdowns have severely disrupted the construction schedule. Two, the park is losing money and hasn't had the funds available to actually get this thing off the ground. Back in 2020 they announced that it would be indefinitely delayed, despite the footers having already been completed. All in all, this is great news; https://www.narcity.com/fr/montreal...ntagne-russe-vipere-qui-devait-ouvrir-en-2020