What's new

Kolmården's Djurpark | Wildfire | RMC Wooden Coaster

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
This park in Sweden is mainly known for their exceptional zoo experience, but today the park posted the following on their FB-Page.

Nästa år fyller vi 50! Det kommer vi fira med en investering som är en av de hittills största i parkens historia!
Vad tror du att det är? På tisdag avslöjar vi...

That translates to: "Next year we turn 50! We will celebrate this with one of the largest investments in the history of the park. What do you think it is? We will reveal it on tuesday..."

Now this could really be anything, but the reason I'm making this post is because a couple of years ago I started hearing rumors about the park getting a GCI coaster. - This plan of course, could have been scrapped by now, but I just wanted to fill you in.

We'll see on tuesday!

andrus

Giga Poster
Re: Kolmårdens Djurpark - Announcement Coming - GCI?

Ohh I really hope it's a GCI! I love all of their newer installments, and especially Gold Striker looks brilliant!!

Lofty

CF Legend

Part of me sort of hopes it's just a new animal enclosure.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I'm not really a fan of GCI, all of their rides I have been on have been good, but not great. I would much rather see GG or RMC do a ride with some serious ejector and intensity. Parks and Resort also went with GG for Twister, so hopefully they are satisfied with them.

But I don't think the park needs it. They have stated in recent years that they would like to add more amusement rides to the park, and so far they have only done a rollerskater and a HUSS swing ship.

I would love if the new attraction was a new area, next to those two rides, with new rides, shops and theming/landscaping. Maybe a few family flats, some children's ride and a flume.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Bamse (Swedish children character) is getting a bigger world at Kolmården for 2015.

It will be an entire new area with new restaurants, play areas, spray ground and a few children rides, one of which is a coaster (I'm guessing very small).

Definitely a step in the right direction if you ask me.

1912491_10151918368436372_1388794219_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/Kolmarden?fref=ts

marc

CF Legend
Kolmårdens Djurpark getting second coaster in 2015

So it's being called Wild Fire.

Cannot share the link TPR put up on their fb.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Re: Kolmårdens Djurpark getting second coaster in 2015

What a pleasant surprise!

I have to admit I got a bit disappointed when they revealed the kiddie area, but wow, they really played us! :--D

Robb Alvey has posted the following on TPR:

When the details of this are released, it's gonna BLOW PEOPLE AWAY! The park has revealed to me their plans and I cannot believe this is actually happening. We have a location and a name, and that's all I'm allowed to say right now!

He is really hyping this, and I am VERY excited right now!

The announcement is apparently happening on April 8.

EthC

Mega Poster

http://wildfire.kolmarden.com/countdown Here is the official website with the trailer and countdown to the big reveal on the 8th or april 2014, so stay tuned, Alvey says that he is shocked by the plans as well as blown away, but I'm remaining very skeptical about what he has said about it for now... fingers crossed it is something worth spending my money to go to.

Martyn B

CF Legend

He's probably only hyping it because he knows and we don't.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Kolmårdens Djurpark Teasing 2016 Project "Wildfire"

2016? Seems a bit early to release the teasers now, unless construction work will be visible throughout the 2015 season, and they want to have the "rumour mill" churning before construction sets in. On the other hand, it might make people put off their planned visits to the park for another year...

Do anybody know what kind of budget Kolmården runs on? How big of a park/business is it? How much money could they spare for a single investment? I might have visited it many years ago with my family, but I'd have been too young to remember now.

Kind of genius marketing to promise epic news and then deliver a kiddie, only for the real announcement to come a week later. Or a hilarious slip-up, I'm not really sure.
(I can imagine the conversation between park management and the guy responsible for its Facebook page: "Wait, Göran, you promised we'll reveal WHICH news on Tuesday? It's not supposed to be out before the end of the season! Okay, then, slap a deep American voice over some footage of trees to satisfy the fans. It'll go on your budget!")

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

When the details of this are released, it's gonna BLOW PEOPLE AWAY! The park has revealed to me their plans and I cannot believe this is actually happening. We have a location and a name, and that's all I'm allowed to say right now!

Ughh people that act like this <//3

andrus

Giga Poster

Pokemaniac said:
Do anybody know what kind of budget Kolmården runs on?
Kolmården is a part of Parks and resorts Scandinavia, including attractions like Gröna Lund and Skara Sommarland to name a few. I'm confident they've substantial funds to put in if they want to turn Kolmården into something more than a mere zoo!!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Sweden likes its long lead in times doesn't it?

This sounds like it could be a pretty exciting ride. From the little information we have. What's the park like at the moment? I must admit I've never heard of it.

marc

CF Legend

Tbh he loved ispeed a lot of us thought it was **** lol.

If they go for a landscape woodie they are onto a winner.

We shall see.

Lofty

CF Legend

Jora Vision are involved with this project - so it's safe to say that the theming and concept will be phenomenal.

marc

CF Legend

I have a feeling though there will be a launch to escape fire etc.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

After reading through Robb Alvey's thread on this subject I'm not sure what to believe.

There is no way he would hype it up as much as he does for something like a high five woodie, Outlaw Run or record breaker of some kind. Also the park is heavily aimed at families, and there are a lot of animals in the area, so it can't be to big of a ride/concept. I'm not even sure if we should expect a coaster here.

Still that €60 million aimed at the Gröna Lund expansion, that was turned down, needs to go to something. The next couple of weeks are going to be long.

Also a key person in the park chipped in at TPR and said this:
Friends!
Wow, we've been watching all the comments. I wish we could make them all come true for 2016. WildFire will literally be an earth moving new addition to the park, to any park actually... :devil: Can't wait to share more with you.

/Mattias and Johan

Intricks

Strata Poster

Premier had a teaser for a Wildfire (or something close to it) on their facebook page involving a launch out of a tunnel into a tight and near 90° banked turn to the right.

Not sure if its relevant or not

Edit: Its not. Its a tease for Dragonfire. So yea, kindly ignore this post of nonsense.