What's new

Knott's Berry Farm - Something actually cool?

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
There have been some Screamscape/Westcoaster updates recently showing survey markers everywhere around the park...

7/29 update: http://www.westcoaster.net/updates.php? ... 810&page=3

The Sky Cabin has also been closed all summer. Could it be to keep some kind of a project backstage a secret?

I'm really hoping it's something worthwhile (if it's even anything at all). Knott's hasn't gotten a single ride since 2008, which is pretty bad considering all of the competition it has.[/url]

Ben

CF Legend
No. Nothing at Knott's is worthwhile. Even if it was the best coaster ever, it would be at Knott's.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
When I worked there back in 2006, somebody had gotten to see blueprints for what was supposed to be a new hyper coaster. We had seen all the higher ups scouting out the area as well, they were monitoring foot traffic, and it was all supposed to take place in the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs building, thats where the station was going to be, with the queue taking out the arcade below and the drop turning out over I believe the street behind it was Western, can't recall, and into the employee parking lot for a Hammerhead turn, then over Bigfoot Rapids, and continue all over the place. Then, out of nowhere, in our eyes, everything was dropped, or put on hold. Maybe this is it, but changed a bit? It was supposed to be at least a 2 year construction process since it took up so much room. Hopefully something of the same is going to happen. It would actually give me a reason to visit again.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
No. Nothing at Knott's is worthwhile. Even if it was the best coaster ever, it would be at Knott's.

I personally just want to see some massive coaster come to the park and fly all around Ghost Town, tearing it apart and making Knott's even more AWESOME! Then sit back and watch everyone in SoCal commit suicide.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
When are they going to rename the park: Ghostown at what was once Knott's Berry Farm but then we got a little crazy with all the steel and red paint and then we started just throwing stuff on top of stuff to make it look like we are decent, then we made a water park.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Screamscape said:
2011 - New Attraction - Rumor - (8/16/10) Does Knott’s have something very large in store for the 2011 season? The magic 8-Ball says that all signs currently point to “Yes”. According to a posting at Westcoaster, during the Q2 conference call Cedar Fair confirmed that they would spent between $80-90 million on Capital Expansion for the 2011 season. So far, all we’ve seen announced has been very small fry in terms of dollars spent. $9 million on Planet Snoopy in Valleyfair, $8 million on Planet Snoopy at Dorney and $5 million on it at Worlds of Fun. That represents $22 million so far, and I doubt the rumored Starlight attraction for Carowinds will cost more than $2-3 million. Save up another $5 to $10 million for the rumored StratoSoar at Cedar Point, and we’re still looking at somewhere between $45-55 million unaccounted for so far for the 2011 season.
Who’s left? Michigan’s Adventure is rumored to get a small waterpark expansion, don’t expect much from Kings Dominion after just adding ‘Timmy 305. Canada is rumored for a possible new coaster, but no solid signs yet. California’s Great America always seems to get the shaft when it comes to CapEx and it’s been confirmed form sources that they will not get the delayed GCI woodie for 2011 either. This kind of leaves Kings Island and Knott’s as the big unknowns for 2011, and likely to receive the lions share of the remaining budget.
However, Kings Island did just add Diamondback in 2009… and the last major coaster Knott’s received was Silver Bullet in 2004. Clearly The Farm is not only the most In Need for something major in 2011, but they’ve got a ton of competition to deal with over the next couple of years from rides like Little Mermaid, Cars Land, Transformers and whatever Six Flags Magic Mountain has up their sleeve. Add in all those crazy survey markers spotted all over the park and I think The Farm is preparing for something.
Like they say, “Something wicked this way comes…”

Ben

CF Legend
But the thing is, Knotts could actually be adding the first coaster that fellates you whilst riding and it would still suck* because it's at Knotts! Until the investment is a large bomb to flatten the place, I'm not excited.

*pun intended.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I hope not. Unless they were to add it to the skytower, where the parachutes used to be, it would just be another eye sore, which in reality, is all KBF is now. At least if they decide to tarnish the skyline a little more, make it be something you know, good. Like Xcelerator good, still one of my favorites.

Nic

Strata Poster
Ben said:
But the thing is, Knotts could actually be adding the first coaster that fellates you whilst riding and it would still suck*
*pun intended.
OMG, I <3 you Ben! hahahaha

Oh, and new coaster.... yay etc

marc

CF Legend
From Screamscape.

New Attraction - Rumor - (8/20/10) I’m hearing that a copy of StratoSoar, a 300-400 foot Mondial Wind Seeker, their version of the Funtime Star Flyer, will be coming to Knott’s as a replacement for the Sky Cabin tower, which explains all the survey markers going all around it.

No new coaster then :(

RCF

Strata Poster
Well it said 300-400 feet, a Gigasoar? :wink:

And what coaster would change the skyline? Have to be a pretty damn big one