What's new

Knoebels | Impulse | Zierer Vertical Lift Coaster

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Knoebels has been teasing a major addition for 2015

Here's the Original Post from their Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...6299800550.304320.207828210550&type=1&theater

And Today they posted this to their Facebook Page

I was talking with one of the project leaders and he almost let the name of the 2015 project slip. They're such an IMPULSE-ive bunch.

Knoebels confirmed it wasn't an Impulse coaster in one of the comments.

Not sure what to expect but Screamscape posted this recently

We know that a lot of the credit for the successful trains being used on the Flying Turns goes to former GCI mastermind (and now apparently retired) Mike Boodley. But if the latest wild rumor is true, it is hard to keep a good designer down and Boodley (and possibly GCI) may be involved in the attraction aspect of whatever Knoebels has up their sleeve for 2015.
According to one Screamscape source, a couple of years ago during one of Boodley’s many trips out to Knoebels to work on the Flying Turns, it’s said that he made it known that he would love to design a terrain coaster for Knoebels sometime that would run up the same hillside that the park’s chairlift goes up. With the Flying Turns project finally finished… could it be time to make this dream a reality?
Again… just a wild rumor this time… nothing even slightly concrete about it… yet…

http://www.screamscape.com/html/knoebels.htm

Whatever it is, it will be interesting. Nothing to do now but speculate I guess

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
Re: Knoebels 2015 Addition, Coaster?

Why would they use the word "impulse" in a comment if it wasn't directly hinting at the coaster? If its not an impulse, does that mean that the word impulse is part of the ride name?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

CPSFMMCW said:
Why would they use the word "impulse" in a comment if it wasn't directly hinting at the coaster? If its not an impulse, does that mean that the word impulse is part of the ride name?

Who knows

Intricks

Strata Poster

It could mean a magnetic propulsion system, or it could be part of the name.

Ive heard some interesting bits towards the 2015 addition. I believe the terrain coaster bit is from facebook actually with some light fact backing it up.

Ive heard steel though that will be manufactured beyond the states.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

I do hope this is true. Knoebels passion for tradition plus possible use of terrain equals right up my street. Fingers very much crossed.

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster

I really would be amazed if they actually added a coaster, because flying turns just opened. Black Diamond is pretty new as well.

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster

^ I was thinking if it is a coaster I would love to see them bring the first Gerstlauer launch coaster to the US. Because we need one of those bad.

Intricks

Strata Poster

I think Firechaser Express has that one nailed ;)

Granted it may only be 2 weak launches below 20, but they still launch.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Double post but whatevs.

Knoebels has announced the 2015 addition to the park.

It will be a Zierer Vertical Lift that hits 98 feet high and has a total of 4 inversions. It will be placed right at the entrance to the park. It will require the removal of the bumper boats and boat tag. It will be 1985 feet long with 3 cars.

Name is Knoebels Impulse.

project1.jpg

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Looks amazing, will be a great addition to the park, nice to see another on of these built and wicked looks great.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I'm a little bit disappointed it's not the tower launch concept, as I have wanted to see another one of those, with an actual decent layout, but this still looks like a very good coaster.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Whenever I finally get to Knoebels, it'll be nice to ride this to contrast the Eurofighters I have ridden.

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
I wouldn't have expected Knoebels to go with any type of more modern ride, but that's fine, this still fits with the park very well.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Martyn B said:
What do these Zierer coasters ride like? It looks like a nicer alternative to the gross Eurofighter's.
I definitely enjoyed Wicked at Lagoon. Much smoother than a EuroFighter and has some nice pops of airitme.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqF3wmZ14R8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fhVOZogZaw[/youtube]

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Intamin to Win said:
I wouldn't have expected Knoebels to go with any type of more modern ride, but that's fine, this still fits with the park very well.
This.

I guess they needed something relatively small that offers a more extreme/inverting ride and this fits the bill. Would love to try one that isn't made by Gerst.