What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

Matt N

CF Legend
Mako and Valkyria don't have unassuming looking layouts, though?

Matt, sometimes it's nice just to let some people vent and not try to put a positive spin on EVERYTHING.
Sorry... I wasn't trying to stop people venting, I was only trying to reassure some people as some people seemed a little disappointed with the layout. The point I'm trying to get across is that all we've seen is an overhead view of the layout; once we see the actual layout profile in a POV, for example, there may well be surprises hidden in there.

Maybe unassuming was the wrong word to describe Mako and Valkyria, as they look great even in a POV! But what I mean is that many people seemed quite underwhelmed with these rides' layouts, and when they actually opened, they got rave reviews. I reckon a similar thing could potentially happen here.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Sup boys
it's Giga time
Made using the blueprints yadda yadda yadda blahblah you get the idea. Holy cow I cannot believe they're installing a Giga (in the sense that Apollo's Chariot is a hyper) that is shorter in length than Diamondback

Last edited:

Benenen

Hyper Poster
If you're unable to back up your speculation with some logic or evidence then I was completely right to call you out. Your original post was you just making a load of stuff up with no rhyme or reason which adds nothing to the discussion. I mean, how does seeing an overhead line make you think it's a few feet taller than Fury or allow you to rank it against other Gigas? You don't need to post every time something is announced or opened. Less is more.

With regards to the coaster I'm jumping on the Matt N hype bandwagon. CoasterMacs recreation looks fun and if the coaster ends up being mainly twisty stuff like stengel dives then it will be different enough to Diamondback and fit nicely into the parks lineup. It's just a shame it will probably plough into the brakes at a high speed but ah well, like I said less is sometimes more.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
If you think of it as losing Firehawk and gaining this, it's great.

Hopefully it's not a missed opportunity but as it's a B&M it will be solidly decent at least.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Some people on the Kings Island Central Forums think the layout is off. Some things don't match up on the blueprints and the land clearing (according to them, I haven't seen the blueprints myself).

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^ Yeah, the internet seems to be very split on whether this leaked layout is legit or not... I really hope some new evidence comes to light that either proves this leak to be right or wrong, because there are certainly things about this leak that make me doubt this to be real.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
^ Yeah, the internet seems to be very split on whether this leaked layout is legit or not... I really hope some new evidence comes to light that either proves this leak to be right or wrong, because there are certainly things about this leak that make me doubt this to be real.

Like an announcement......

Snoo

The Legend
If you're unable to back up your speculation with some logic or evidence then I was completely right to call you out. Your original post was you just making a load of stuff up with no rhyme or reason which adds nothing to the discussion. I mean, how does seeing an overhead line make you think it's a few feet taller than Fury or allow you to rank it against other Gigas? You don't need to post every time something is announced or opened. Less is more.

With regards to the coaster I'm jumping on the Matt N hype bandwagon. CoasterMacs recreation looks fun and if the coaster ends up being mainly twisty stuff like stengel dives then it will be different enough to Diamondback and fit nicely into the parks lineup. It's just a shame it will probably plough into the brakes at a high speed but ah well, like I said less is sometimes more.

Someone has been listening to the podcast. :D

BansheeBerry

Roller Poster
I guess the legitimacy of this leak will kind of be proven a bit if the clearing doesn’t grow tomorrow, 2 weeks of no change in size doesn’t help the argument that it’s not legitimate.

Snoo

The Legend
I guess the legitimacy of this leak will kind of be proven a bit if the clearing doesn’t grow tomorrow, 2 weeks of no change in size doesn’t help the argument that it’s not legitimate.
I mean, it's not like they have a year before the ride needs to open. Being behind literally days before opening is not endgame here.

Climb

Mega Poster
It's not that short! It's got a MCBR into that downwards slope!

[/Satire]

Whilst it is disappointingly short, it looks like has some nice elements and will be a decent addition to KI regardless.

train_hollows

Roller Poster
I guess I’m pretty skeptical hearing about this - I did think it would be something larger (or longer, more specifically) but then again all the hype had just been speculation so far anyway?
Although would KI really troll this far? It would be entertaining but at the same time I guess it’s plasuible that it’s more of a Leviathan-esque length considering how expensive B&M gigas can be.

Hutch

Strata Poster
After looking at @CoasterMac305's recreation, there seems to be a lot of potential for some really cool elements in that short layout. The treble clef is the best part of Fury, so going in with the opposite way should be really interesting. I'm not a huge fan with the way it ends, that ampersand and final overbank don't really excite so I'd kind of prefer something a little different given the length of the ride (although I haven't done Shambhala so I don't know how good that ampersand is). Everything before that looks ace though, if that's what it turns out to be.

train_hollows

Roller Poster
I’m a massive fan of Shambhala’s ampersand - in the back coming out of it has a cool winding feeling to it, so I think it would be pretty neat to see it at the end of the ride if it zooms through it.

bernatc22

Mega Poster
After looking at @CoasterMac305's recreation, there seems to be a lot of potential for some really cool elements in that short layout. The treble clef is the best part of Fury, so going in with the opposite way should be really interesting. I'm not a huge fan with the way it ends, that ampersand and final overbank don't really excite so I'd kind of prefer something a little different given the length of the ride (although I haven't done Shambhala so I don't know how good that ampersand is). Everything before that looks ace though, if that's what it turns out to be.
Shambhala's amperstand is great because you get nice laterals in the way in and oud and some decent """hangtime""" on the top part. At least it's better than most generic turnarounds.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
And who knows what they're doing on the other side of Flight of Fear. Could be ground prep for footers, could be some preliminary electrical work, or it could be something entirely unrelated to the new ride.