What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
What would possibly be the reasons for a shorter layout on a potential giga, that will already be a huge investment? Money? Space? Problems getting approval for a larger/longer ride?

Kings Island had so much space surrounding this giga coaster. They have only used about half of the land they own so far, and many of us hoped Kings Island would use the land they own up to the Miami River. It was probably a money-saving method, as this coaster isn’t exactly anchoring a large park expansion like Fury 325 was — it’s hidden so far back in the park, so why extend it even further? Alternatively, it could have something to do with the land cleared. If I recall correctly, Mystic Timber’s layout had to adhere to the zigzagging form of the construction site, rather than take a straight path out and back like sister coaster Prowler’s does. Perhaps something similar happened here? Either way, this is going to be an interesting development to follow.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Regarding the plans...the full site plan photos lack the border and watermark that help identify these as genuine, yet the one of just the lift hill footers is genuine and appears to match what's shown in the full site drawing. Also, we all quickly jumped on the leaks of Steel Curtain, Mystic Timbers, Valravn, Banshee, Gatekeeper, Diamondback, and plenty of others and tried to reason that they were fake for various reasons but they turned out to be genuine. It's possible that they are fan made and it's possible that the park filed fake drawings as a red herring, but I'm more inclined to believe that they're the real deal at this point in time.

Regarding the layout...just because we can see a top down footprint and not much else doesn't mean the layout is going to be boring or the ride will suck. If you look closely, you can make out the A frame supports and also some lines that signify track banking. From what I see, it looks like the ride will enter a pretty big Stengel dive type element following the lift and drop. The turn around could be fairly generic, but I'd bet we'll see something more like a reverse version of Fury's treble clef. The next bit is a bit confusing - it could be one airtime hill but I think it'll be at least two low airtime hills since I can't make out any A frame supports for that portion of track. Finally, I think that helix will actually be an ampersand instead of your typical run of the mill helix. So yes, it looks to be a fairly "short" ride but I think they'll choose some pretty interesting elements that will ultimately make the ride not crap.

Also, let's ground ourselves here: this is a 300+ foot coaster we're talking about here. There's no such thing as short when the ride will surely still be over a mile long.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Regarding the plans...the full site plan photos lack the border and watermark that help identify these as genuine, yet the one of just the lift hill footers is genuine and appears to match what's shown in the full site drawing. Also, we all quickly jumped on the leaks of Steel Curtain, Mystic Timbers, Valravn, Banshee, Gatekeeper, Diamondback, and plenty of others and tried to reason that they were fake for various reasons but they turned out to be genuine.

On the topic of Steel Curtain’s leaked layout, I remember when Amusement Insiders uploaded a video proclaiming that they were sent this layout. I initially doubted it, as there looked to be too many shuttle sections. Had I studied it more and better understood the markings of seemingly “unconnected” track, I would’ve found it to be a bizarre yet awe striking layout where 9 inversions was suddenly feasible.

BansheeBerry

Roller Poster
I mean the chances of these being fake are just so slim, the only reason people think these are fake is because they don’t like the layout, if the blueprint showed a much bigger coaster I don’t think we’d see as much doubt as we’re currently seeing. These blueprints feature so much detail that someone almost certainly would be able to fake it to such a High quality or even want to waste the time to fake it like that. And I doubt the park would have leaked this “fake” blueprint because all it’s done is make people disappointed and upset.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
@CoasterMac305 's layout based on the blueprints is really interesting. It doesn't look like a bad ride at all and my reaction to it initially is similar to how I felt about leviathan when it was announced. A heavy focus on turns and speed and a relatively short layout. But the turns and speed hills look fantastic, if I was to add anything to the layout, it needs an air-time focused element to break it up.

If the creation is accurate then I don't think it will be a bad ride at all! But it probably won't reach the level of praise Fury gets.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I gotta say... I've seen a ton of hate already thrown at the ride over a yet to be confirmed site plan. It's garbage like this that led us to make fun of fanboys for their demands and baseless reasoning and we'll continue to do so for EVERYBODY now, because people are already predicting that this won't be a Fury beater so apparently it's going to suck?! Yeah, we're definitely going to roast them. Tonight's podcast is going to be a fun one.

Hutch

Strata Poster
People are calling this a "Leaviathan 2.0" as if that's a bad thing? Were they expecting a clone of Fury or something?

Yeah it's shorter than I'd like but honestly it'll probably be fine. Although now that I think of it I thought Fury lasted a little too long, so not going overboard on the layout here is probably a good thing. I'm really interested to see what the final product looks like as there does appear to be some interesting elements here.

Niles

Giga Poster
@CoasterMac305 makes this layout look quite good, at this time I don’t think it’s going to be better than Fury and I do think Kings Island needed something akin to fury, making it more distinguishable to diamondback.

However, this will be a great coaster that will draw in GP and boost attendance hopefully. If this opened near me in the UK I would be over the moon and crash into the sun, I think you all in the USA have it to good:p.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I personally think this ride will break Fury 325's height and speed records, but only by a matter of 5-10ft and 1-3mph. It definitely wont break its length record, and will probably have a similar track length to Leviathan, but I definitely think it will come second between Fury and Leviathan in terms of how good it will be.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I think the turnaround’s location is merely a guess. We can’t see if the layout goes back any further to where Beast is, right? Right?

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I personally think this ride will break Fury 325's height and speed records, but only by a matter of 5-10ft and 1-3mph. It definitely wont break its length record, and will probably have a similar track length to Leviathan, but I definitely think it will come second between Fury and Leviathan in terms of how good it will be.
And what exactly have you based any of this on? What a pointless post.