What's new

Kings Island | New Adventure Port | Flat Rides | 2023

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Now, there's a bunch of names on here that Kings Island nerds may recognize. SkyHigh Erections were responsible for constructing Orion. RE Middleton has done footers for various Kings Island coasters, Orion included. Daniels Woodlands and Cintech Construction were in charge of the theming and stations for both Orion and Mystic Timbers, respectfully. Fenton Rigging Company is known for providing cranes and specializing in steel erection. Jack Rouse Architects hasn't really worked at Kings Island as far as I know, but they did work on Steel Curtain and Steeler's Country at Kennywood.

Considering all this, it's possible that we're looking at a shiny new B&M for 2024/25. I'm not exactly enthusiastic about KI going back to them so soon, and there still exists the possibility of work being done on Diamondback. As for the other manufacturer names, they're most likely for refurbishments of existing attractions. Baynum Painting for instance was involved with Orion construction according to it's notice of commencement in 2018, but there's also been talk that a Diamondback repaint was in consideration for this offseason. Aquamen Waterslide Restorations is also listed, and have been credited for heavy refurbishment work at both Cedar Point and KI's respective waterparks. A Zamperla flat ride however would be welcome considering that the park is in sore need of them.

Last edited:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
This is just a statement of ongoing service. All these companies either have signed contracts to do work with the park currently and/or provide parts or other services to the park. Zamperla, Gravity Group, and GCI are listed along with B&M...all are continuously servicing or improving existing rides with spare parts or track refurbishment. Nothing more.

Carry on...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This is just a statement of ongoing service. All these companies either have signed contracts to do work with the park currently and/or provide parts or other services to the park. Zamperla, Gravity Group, and GCI are listed along with B&M...all are continuously servicing or improving existing rides with spare parts or track refurbishment. Nothing more.
I swear we get this sort of "breaking news" post every year... I even feel like it is specifically Kings Island each time too (do the county have some special rule about having to publicly posts these things or something?).

CoasterHour

Roller Poster
This specific type of notice document has only been filed the year before a new ride was put in KI's time with CF.

2010 Notice - 2011 Windseeker + Dinosaurs Alive
2011 Notice - 2012 Soak City Expansion
2013 Notice - 2014 Banshee
2015 Notice - 2016 Tropical Plunge at Soak City
2016 Notice - 2017 Mystic Timbers
2018 Notice - 2019 Kings Mills Antique Autos + Giga Prep
2019 Notice - 2020 Orion

This doesn't seem to be the case for this notice as there doesn't appear to be anything new and significant coming to Kings Island for 2023 but with supply chain issues and depending on the scope of the project, I think it's plausible this could be for something coming in 2024 roller coaster or not.

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 11.05.45 AM.png

Coasterteam

Roller Poster
I would be rather surprised if Kings Island got another large capital investment in 2024. Given the park is a favorite of the chain it doesn't usually go without major investment for 5 years. With the pandemic I was thinking they would hold off until 2025 or 2026 as it seemed to have pushed everything back a year or two.

Time will tell, we'll see if anything interesting pops up during the off-season and the start of the next season.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
I would be rather surprised if Kings Island got another large capital investment in 2024. Given the park is a favorite of the chain it doesn't usually go without major investment for 5 years. With the pandemic I was thinking they would hold off until 2025 or 2026 as it seemed to have pushed everything back a year or two.

Time will tell, we'll see if anything interesting pops up during the off-season and the start of the next season.
I mean yeah but I'm fairly certain KI doesn't want a Vortex-sized hole in the middle of the park just as much as we don't want it. I am almost certain that's where their next major addition will be.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster

cookie

Giga Poster
Not sure why this wasn’t announced back in August, but alright. I do like that CF seems to be going down the theming route with King’s Island lately, makes it feel a bit more like a park over in Europe.

Indy

Hyper Poster
I really like this decision. The area has never really felt very cohesive, so this really brings it all together. And I'll gladly take some new flats in place of the slingshot.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
In other news - Kings Island apparently transplanted to Australia during the off-season. Current webcam view:

diamondback.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
In other news - Kings Island apparently transplanted to Australia during the off-season. Current webcam view:

diamondback.jpg
Update, Kings Island is now appearing to go orbital, as the webcam is pointed directly up atop the Eiffel Tower. Does anyone know if that tower has a second stage booster hidden in the structure?