What's new

Kings Island Giga Coaster

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
Okay, let's be honest; this rumor has become more and more likely.

The rumor has been around for a while, and we've gotten more evidence. That new writing in Mystic Timbers' queue saying 'giga' isn't why I created this, although it did make me realize something.

Dinosaurs Alive is being removed. There's tons of space back there. Way back during No Coaster Con last January, I asked Don Helbig hypothetically where a giga might be located. He said it would be where Dinosaurs Alive is, and kind of behind Racer (hypothetically). It's all starting to form together. I doubt the writing means anything, like I said, but it just gave me this realization.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, well https://www.visitkingsisland.com/explore/live-video go to the Mystic Timbers queue line camera at the bottom, but if you don't want to, here's a photo of it.
WZCmoEO.png

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
That 'giga' wrote out on the path is probably just a higher-up messing with Enthusiasts. I wouldn't think anything of it.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I made a YouTube video on this a while ago when I heard about DA's removal.

There's also tons of space around the Banshee area, it's visible from Drop Zone and Kings Island owns the area.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Some writing in the snow right in front of the webcam. That's confirmed then.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Agreeing with gavin here. Writing such a message in the snow doesn't take more than park access, a somewhat waterproof boot, and cursory knowledge of the placement of the webcam.

I mean, sure it could be that Kings Island is adding a new coaster, but the reasoning for it being a Giga is rather flimsy at best.

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
Agreeing with gavin here. Writing such a message in the snow doesn't take more than park access, a somewhat waterproof boot, and cursory knowledge of the placement of the webcam.

I mean, sure it could be that Kings Island is adding a new coaster, but the reasoning for it being a Giga is rather flimsy at best.
As I mentioned, I'm not basing this 100% on the writing in the snow, I'm just saying it made me realize how a lot is falling together that hints at a giga as their next coaster with the Dinosaurs Alive thing as well.

It looks like I forgot to mention it in the first post; given Don Helbig, or someone else shows up at from KI to NCC, if they tell us not to have cameras or recording devices out, I'm going to be a bit skeptical. Almost a year ago at NCC, Tony Clark told us not to have our cameras or recording devices out during the presentation, and he gave a couple hints towards Steel Vengeance.