What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

michaellll

Mega Poster
Re: Kings Island | "Unknown" | "Unknown"

Nick P said:
How are you guys feeling about Banshee using the wingrider restraints?

This is easily the most surprising thing announced for me. To be honest I'm not all that happy with it. Personally, they feel too suffocating. Comfortable, but claustrophobic.

Nick P

Mega Poster

michaellll said:
Nick P said:

This is easily the most surprising thing announced for me. To be honest I'm not all that happy with it. Personally, they feel too suffocating. Comfortable, but claustrophobic.
At least we wont have a head/neck banging problem though.

peep

CF Legend

michaellll said:
Nick P said:

This.

Add to that the restraints can't deal with any forces without really pressing into you making it a very horrible ride experience. So yeah take that into consideration for the new fastest B&M with several intense inversions, I'm sure it'll be a wonderful experience :roll:

jolash

Mega Poster

I for one have no problem with the wingrider restraints. I don't know what yall are cryin about.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

At this point, I'm most concerned about whether the supports and track will be filled with sand or not. It would be awful of them to do so.

jolash

Mega Poster

Antinos said:
At this point, I'm most concerned about whether the supports and track will be filled with sand or not. It would be awful of them to do so.

Absolutely. This thing needs to howl.

Hutch

Strata Poster

I'm quite a fan of the color scheme, the purple looks pretty cool!

Hutch

Strata Poster

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the only B&M Invert with dive loop? I can't think of any others...

jolash

Mega Poster

Sanchezmran said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the only B&M Invert with dive loop? I can't think of any others...

Oziris

Nick P

Mega Poster

In the teaser video "The Bat" is written on a gravestone, along with "Screamin Demon", "SoB", and "King Cobra." All defunct KI rides. That's where The Bat comes from.

NAPayne31

Mega Poster

Upon closer inspection of the trains, the reastraints look like the same on the wing riders/flyers but will it have the same mechanism to lock the restraint against you're body?

Hutch

Strata Poster

jolash said:
Sanchezmran said:

Oziris

Thanks, I figured there would be another one out there.

Anyway, Banshee POVs :--D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_b28j9fFUM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1-jPxiVQy8[/youtube]

It looks like that helix at the end is pretty forceful!

And here's a 360 view of the train, in case you want to check out the wing rider supports. ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FUUwfG_ELc[/youtube]

BBH

Giga Poster

I like that with the new train design you can actually see in front of you without having to sit in row one. After hearing about the problems with Gatekeeper's restraints through all of those high-G maneuvers, I'm not sure that this'll work as well as they may think, but B&M certainly wouldn't put a system on a ride if it weren't fully functional.