What's new

Kings Dominion | Twisted Timbers | RMC I-Box (Hurler Conversion)

peep

CF Legend
So a few pictures have been doing the rounds of a new grave stone in the park which suggests Hurler's last year of operation was 2015...

14711306_786797021461051_4459432949554163476_o.jpg

http://parkfans.net/thread-4419-page-12.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/57k631/this_was_abrupt/

Edited to add image. - ECG

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Unlike some corporations, I think Cedar Fair deserves the privilege of hosting RMCs.
So yes, one hopes one's dreams will come true.

Was it too early to bring that up? :p

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ I guess this more or less confirms that it will get a major overhaul, most likely an RMC Iron Horse. Excited to see what they might do with it. I've always found it one of the less exciting (at least by the looks of it) wooden coasters...

EthC

Mega Poster
Well if the "Rest in peace... For now" and the 2018 doesn't atleast hint that it will be revamped hopefully RMC then nothing will. Im excited to see the chain finally investing in these rides and i'm excited to see the layouts too. Makes me want to go back to america again :--D

AshleyScared

Roller Poster
I honestly didn't think they would capitalize "RMC" in "really more coming" as a troll.

The reason they never announced anything about an RMC of Mean Streak or Hurler (assuming the latter is getting it which I believe it is; with Mean Streak its confirmed as track has shown up) is because it would draw attention away from Mystic Timbers, which they wanted to be the centerpiece of the announcements this year. Any RMC would've caused Mystic Timbers to be largely ignored and Cedar Fair doesn't want that.

Sythe

Mega Poster
I'm so annoyed that even though KD is getting an RMC, CP is getting one in the same year... it's going to take the spotlight off of KD......

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Sythe said:
I'm so annoyed that even though KD is getting an RMC, CP is getting one in the same year... it's going to take the spotlight off of KD......

Yes because someone in KD market is going to not care at all about Hurler v2 because a park 1100 miles away is getting a similar ride.

That's not how this works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
While an RMC Hurler is very likely now, it's not confirmed. With Mean Streak, we know for a fact it'll be RMC'd. But with Hurler, we just know that they're closing Hurler and had 'RMC' as initials on one of the slides of a video. For all we know, it could be a Gravity Group remake, and add in a corkscrew instead.

And like Tom said, the GP mainly focus on what's coming to their home park. Most Virginians are very eager about InvadR going to BGW, yet haven't heard about Mystic Timbers, which is a much larger, faster, longer GCI. Yes, the Enthusiasts might focus more on RMC Mean Streak, but that's naturally going to happen, it's Cedar Point RMCing Mean Streak!

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Could this mean that RMCs will be a yearly thing for Cedar Fair parks starting in 2018? It excites me that another major chain is starting to work with this company.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Both Hurlers are f**king s**t, so literally anything is an improvement, including a wrecking ball.

Perfect candidates for RMC.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Not sure why everyone rags on Hurler so much, I thought it was ok. Far better than the other woodies at KD anyway. Grizzly is awful.
I won't really miss it though, whatever happens to it will be an improvement.

Sythe

Mega Poster
tomahawk said:
Sythe said:

Yes because someone in KD market is going to not care at all about Hurler v2 because a park 1100 miles away is getting a similar ride.

That's not how this works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I'm talking about by enthusiasts...

Howie said:
Grizzly is awful.
You have officially triggered me.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Sythe said:
I'm talking about by enthusiasts...

To be fair, the entusiast spotlight is kind of tiny, but broad at the same time. Enthusiasts rarely overlook a coaster, but if they do, nobody cares that much. An RMC Hurler would still be the biggest thing going on at King's Dominion that year, probably the year before and the year after too. Many people follow King's Dominion with some enthusiasm, and those folks would still care about Hurler. But if they choose to direct those 15 seconds of attention towards Cedar Point instead, I doubt anybody would notice. Neither coaster's ridership numbers - or for that matter the view counts on their respective YouTube POV videos - would be affected by any notable degree whatsoever.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
RMCing either Hurler is fine by me. Rode the one at Carowinds which was ****, and didn't even bother with the one at Kings Dominion before they closed it.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I am also triggered by the suggestion that Grizzly is bad!/Grizzly is literally a preference to me over EVERYTHING there minus Volcano and FoF!

I typed Hurler and it autocorrected to Hitler, which basically sums it up...

This is huge news for KD, with I305 being the operational disaster and general f*ckupery. I was worried it would be a long time before major investment.

Even if it's crap, it's a good thing.

So, where does that plans image originate?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
That image was made by me. The plans in that image are mine from NoLimits, but rest assured, it's pretty obvious its getting RMC'd for 2018.

jay37415

Mega Poster
2018 Looks to be a big year for RMC and coasters in general.Here's what we have on the rumor mill:

Mean Streak - Iron Horse treatment
Hurler - RMC overhaul (rumored)
Kennywood - terrain into 100' valley (not confirmed RMC but design clues point to RMC)

Sythe

Mega Poster
jay37415 said:
2018 Looks to be a big year for RMC and coasters in general.Here's what we have on the rumor mill:

Mean Streak - Iron Horse treatment
Hurler - RMC overhaul (rumored)
Kennywood - terrain into 100' valley (not confirmed RMC but design clues point to RMC)
Don't forget Silverwood!